IPad and IOS User Group

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Gold member
Default IPad and IOS User Group

I am going to be in The Villages soon and am having some issues with my iPad.

I've read that there is an iOS user's group on Tuesday at 1:30pm at Colony Cottage. Is it every Tuesday? I'm trying to set up some appointments and would like to work around this group's meeting.

In the meantime, maybe someone can help me out. My iPad no longer remembers my user name and passwords for websites like Talk of The Villages, QVC, Amazon, etc.

This morning I tried to look up the Weight Watchers schedule in TV and it just spun away. I was able to pull up the schedule on my laptop. I tried to book a room with LaQuinta and it wouldn't let me pull up the dates or city but it worked on my laptop.

I just thought of something else. I can't pull up the homes for sales on thevillages.com.

Do I need to change my browser? I don't have a clue how to do that on an iPad. Any help would be appreciated because I really don't want to bring m laptop on this trip. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Sable99; 10-19-2016 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added paragraph about thevillages.com.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:53 AM

Hi, I do not know the meeting times of the Apple group as I have never been to a meeting. But my wife made a update that did the same thing to her I pad and it also affected my I pad and my I phone to some degree. What I done to fix it was I reset the I pad back to factory defaults but saved our information on the cloud. I no longer use a laptop but I had to borrow one to get I pad back to a default state. It took four attempts and about 4 hours as my wife had tried her password reset so many times we had to let it time out for a hour between the attempts to reset it. If I was you I would bring your lap top and passwords with you just as a worst case if needed to fix the update issue. Or if you are close to a Apple Store they might could fix it in 15 minutes as I am sure they have seen this issue many times. Good luck.

Village of Duval
Old 10-20-2016, 08:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new peeps;1308***
Hi, I do not know the meeting times of the Apple group as I have never been to a meeting. But my wife made a update that did the same thing to her I pad and it also affected my I pad and my I phone to some degree. What I done to fix it was I reset the I pad back to factory defaults but saved our information on the cloud. I no longer use a laptop but I had to borrow one to get I pad back to a default state. It took four attempts and about 4 hours as my wife had tried her password reset so many times we had to let it time out for a hour between the attempts to reset it. If I was you I would bring your lap top and passwords with you just as a worst case if needed to fix the update issue. Or if you are close to a Apple Store they might could fix it in 15 minutes as I am sure they have seen this issue many times. Good luck.

Thanks for your response. We are not that close to an iPad store so I will bring my laptop.

Still interested in the times of the IOS meetings. I'm guessing it's just once a month but I don't know which week. I know I saw it on TOTV but I did a search and couldn't find it. I will look in the club listings.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:13 AM
Default Ipad Club Meeing

iPad Club meets first Tuesday of the month at Colony Cottage, 1:30 pm.

Email contact: village-ipad@googlegroups.com

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 10-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker View Post

Thank you. I have been searching everywhere for that information! Yikes, I just realized it has to be the December meeting as we are arriving November 1. Bummer!

Last edited by Sable99; 10-20-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:03 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker View Post

Contact them and ask to be added to their email list. You will be able to access previous meeting notes and LOTS of useful info. The folks that run this club are great and unselfishly share their wealth of knowledge. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Many days I feel like donating mine to the gun club to use for target practice.

Tags
ipad, laptop, tuesday, pull, schedule

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.