Need puter help??

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2017, 11:42 AM
Gold member
Default Need puter help??

Aol is now saying they are going to charge if I continue with them. So I would like to have One Gmail account. Only problem is I have one name I use on tablet, another on phone, and another on computer. I need help getting down to one Gmail account?? Anyone know someone I could hire that is Good at this sort of thing??
Old 03-31-2017, 02:06 PM
Sage

Are you sure AOL is going to charge? They send messages that they will provide AD-FREE service for a monthly charge. I take that to mean that you'll keep seeing ads if you don't pay a fee>
Old 03-31-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Aol is now saying they are going to charge if I continue with them. So I would like to have One Gmail account. Only problem is I have one name I use on tablet, another on phone, and another on computer. I need help getting down to one Gmail account?? Anyone know someone I could hire that is Good at this sort of thing??
I don't think you need to hire someone yet.

Go to the Connected Villagers club which meets on Monday's at 1PM in the Eisenhower rec center. Someone there should be able to help you.

If I understand you correctly, you have 3 different google accounts, one for each device? Decide which one of the accounts you intend on using and then change the other devices to access that account and then phase out using the other accounts.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:40 PM
Gold member

They meet this Monday? That is what I'm trying to do. Phase out two of them yes but don't see link to delete account?
Old 03-31-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
They meet this Monday? That is what I'm trying to do. Phase out two of them yes but don't see link to delete account?
Don't delete any accounts yet.

Step 1: Create your new Gmail address.

Step 2: Log into your AOL account (you'll need your username and password) and find the settings in there that allow you to FORWARD the emails into your new Gmail account. Also check the box to delete emails (in AOL account) after forwarding.
Now everytime you get an email it will go into your new Gmail account.

Step 3: Repeat Step 2 with your second (and third) email addresses wherever they are and have them also Forward to your new Gmail address.

Once you are confident no one will be emailing you at your old addresses (and you have notified friends, relatives, etc., then you can delete account.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Yes, Monday April 3ed @ 1 PM
Closed Thread

Tags
gmail, account, phone, computer, hire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.