side load Dolphin Browser on Amazon Fire TV

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2016, 11:03 AM
Default side load Dolphin Browser on Amazon Fire TV

Is there anyone out there that could help me to download a browser such as Dolphin to my Amazon Fire TV? Also is there a way to mirror what is on my Mac and project it on my TV ? Terry 765 661 2543 Send me a text...
Old 10-19-2016, 01:38 PM

chromecast, available for $35, Amazon or Best Buy, will do that. Works well. I have a Roku and a Fire, but don't think I've ever seen a browser. I have not tried casting my browser to the tv.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldj1938 View Post
chromecast, available for $35, Amazon or Best Buy, will do that. Works well. I have a Roku and a Fire, but don't think I've ever seen a browser. I have not tried casting my browser to the tv.

Chromecast works awesome. I have two (living room and bedroom). There are a few "gotcha's"

- iPhone controls are a bit flighty - I use my Android phone (Netflix)

- on a PC you have to use Google Chrome (not Internet Explorer or Firefox). It enables me to show my screen, a tab within Chrome, iHeart or what ever I have. Netflix integrates perfectly.

- it is not uncommon that after a few days of no use I have to just unplug the USB power cord to the Chromecast to reset it real quick before use.

- the online instructions for "casting" leave a lot to be desired.
Closed Thread

Tags
dolphin, fire, browser, amazon, project

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.