Skype Help

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2017, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Skype Help

I have been trying to Skype with son in NH for over a week. I know their weather has been really really bad, but our connection is not working.

I can hear him, but he cannot hear me and he does not lip read ..................... I get a message saying the internet Skype is very weak. We start off fine, and then we lose the sound my end.

Do any of the Techies out there have any idea what is going on ............. and, if I was smart enough, I would have done a search on my internet to get some answers! I'm taking the easy way out and begging for help. Thanks.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Sage

Haven't had much luck with skype myself over the years. Now that we both have Iphones we use facetime instead.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

After successfully using Skype for years we have had similar problem in TV. We have changed to another App called Tango. All problems solved. It is free and has never given us any problem. its the first item that comes up in the Play Store. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Have had same problem from US. to kids in UK. with Skype. With other users we use Whatsap more these days. Free for all phone calls, texts etc.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:20 AM
Sage

if you are both on Facebook messenger you can also video chat there...just click on the icon of the video camera.

Tags
skype, internet, hear, idea, techies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.