too many photos on phone, computer not an option

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2016, 02:29 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default too many photos on phone, computer not an option

I have a Samsung S5 with too many photos and not enough memory, and a sick computer. How do I save my photos on my photo to a stick or a cloud or what ever else this technology-not person can use? Walgreens??? Cloud?? Stick??
Old 12-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsl1998 View Post
I have a Samsung S5 with too many photos and not enough memory, and a sick computer. How do I save my photos on my photo to a stick or a cloud or what ever else this technology-not person can use? Walgreens??? Cloud?? Stick??
You can go to Walgreens and ask them to help you find the right SD card and you can store photos on there. It is VERY small so make sure you have a safe place for keeping this. If you have Google photos you can back them up and save them in the Google cloud...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2016, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,199 Posts

You can also ask your carrier to see what options you have in your phone plan. If you use cloud or phone company storage, IMHO, I would still arrange for local backup, incase you change carriers or something.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,199 Posts

By the way the is a local computer club with individuals that may be able to help with your 'sick' computer.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:44 PM
Sage

If you happen to be an Amazon Prime subscriber (highly recommended with many features), they have an app...Prime Photos...that allows unlimited photo storage in their cloud.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:53 PM
Default microSD

Your Galaxy S5 has either 16GB or 32GB of internal memory.

You need to buy a "microSD" card to slide into the empty slot inside your phone next to the battery. It is REALLY EASY to do. I've attached a YouTube video if you're able to see it with your sick computer. If you can't see the video, just remove the thin plastic back cover with your fingers and you'll see the slot that the memory card slides right into. Push it in until it clicks. Replace the cover.

Samsung Galaxy S5: How to Insert a Micro SD Card - YouTube

I suggest either a 32 GB or 64 GB size should give you more than enough space. 10 or 15 dollars at Amazon or can buy locally. Get a decent brand like Samsung or Sandisk.

After it's installed just need to move the pictures/movies to the new card. Google that for instructions, it's also easy.

You might want to buy two cards. One to leave in the phone for extra storage and one to put away for safekeeping of your photos. The card is tiny, about the size of a fingernail.
Closed Thread

Tags
photos, cloud, stick, computer, walgreens

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.