Villages new home page

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2016, 10:04 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Default Villages new home page

Has anyone gotten the new format to work with windows vista and IE9?

No more temp on page to connect to webcams and cannot acces cams from the icon link.

Cannot access header topics either. Hate the idea that I hafta use a new browser!

Old 10-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The webcams are now on their own page. Here they are, scroll down and you'll see Lake Sumter Landing, much larger than before. Click on the icons for the other two squares.

http://www.thevillages.com/lifestyle/cam_lsl.asp

Here's a site that's put up by a Villager and it's been widely used by many. All 3 squares on one page. If 1 or 2 don't come up, hit refresh.

The Villages

Also, I don't know many who use IE Internet Explorer. Google Chrome I found is the best and Mozilla Firefox I had used for many years before is good.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Thanx for the response, John - those are the sites not working with Vista/IE9.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Gold member

not so great ...

when your looking for homes, its hard to see the lesser expensive or open houses...

I prefer the older format....

I dislike change......but thats just me
Old 10-17-2016, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
not so great ...

when your looking for homes, its hard to see the lesser expensive or open houses...

I prefer the older format....

I dislike change......but thats just me
I found lesser priced new homes open houses in about 30 seconds. On the menu, click on 'our homes', then on the left select 'new homes', the Open Houses will appear. To get the lesser prices homes, in the header click on 'Descending' and then the lower priced homes will appear first.
Closed Thread

Tags
page, access, topics, header, icon

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.