Where can I download a "This PC" icon on for my desktop for windows 10

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2017, 05:40 PM
Sage
Default Where can I download a "This PC" icon on for my desktop for windows 10

On windows 8 I had an icon on the desktop that would take me to my file folders. I just bought a new computer with windows 10 for the first time and miss having this icon. Does anyone know where I can download this? I tried doing google search to no avail.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,707 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
On windows 8 I had an icon on the desktop that would take me to my file folders. I just bought a new computer with windows 10 for the first time and miss having this icon. Does anyone know where I can download this? I tried doing google search to no avail.
I don't know how to get an icon on the desktop, but just do a "right" mouse click on the Windows icon at the extreme lower left corner of the screen and then click on "file explorer". That will take you to all of the files on your computer.

If you want to save select files and folders that will be immediately accessible from the desktop, do a "right" click at any area on the desktop, and select "new" and "folder" to create a folder icon on the desktop. You can then move any files or folders into that new folder, and you can access them directly from the desktop. You can also rename the new folder icon, by "right" clicking on it and selecting "rename".
Old 03-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Gold member

In Windows 7 while in Explorer, you can just drag the folder to the desktop, and it creates a shortcut on the desktop.
I imagine the same can be done in 10.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:47 PM

1. Right click on some blank space on your desktop, and click on the Personalize icon.
2. Click on Themes on the left side, and click on the Desktop icon settings link on the right side under Related Settings.
3. You can now close Settings if you like.
4. Check (add) or uncheck (remove) the Desktop icons you want, and click on OK.

While your at it, you can create a short cut to all windows settings / utilities in one place.
Right click on your desktop and select "new folder". Copy and paste the following text as the name of the new folder:

Godmode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

If you did this correctly, the icon of the folder will change to a control panel image. Open the folder and have fun trying to brick your computer!
Old 03-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
1. Right click on some blank space on your desktop, and click on the Personalize icon.
2. Click on Themes on the left side, and click on the Desktop icon settings link on the right side under Related Settings.
3. You can now close Settings if you like.
4. Check (add) or uncheck (remove) the Desktop icons you want, and click on OK.

While your at it, you can create a short cut to all windows settings / utilities in one place.
Right click on your desktop and select "new folder". Copy and paste the following text as the name of the new folder:

Godmode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

If you did this correctly, the icon of the folder will change to a control panel image. Open the folder and have fun trying to brick your computer!
Excellent answer!

BTW I just received this: Windows Update Advertises “Windows 10 Creators Update is Coming Soon”
The next major update for Windows 10 will be called as "Creators Update" (aka RS2 or Redstone 2) and might be released later this month or next month.

In the past these major updates have reverted some personalized settings. No way to know what will be affected.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:01 AM
Sage

Thanks all for your help. I've been playing with it and have it the way I want it now. i just posted a new problem in computer problems if you all want to help with that one I would appreciate it. :-)
Closed Thread

Tags
icon, windows, desktop, download, miss

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.