Windows 10 question

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2016, 06:00 PM

I am a tech novice and freely admit to that. Nevertheless, we upgraded to computer no. 1 with Windows 10 installed and loved it particularly since I was able to disable Cortana. We then upgraded to computer no. 2 with Windows 10 and disabled Cortana and loved it. Then a couple of weeks ago computer no. 1 updated with Windows Anniversary and I could not disable Cortana. Okay, that was my wife's computer. Then yesterday, to my horror, my computer ( no. 2 ) updated with Windows Anniversary. I can not make Cortana go away. She is omnipresent and omniscient. In the future there will be shrines to Cortana and she will be worshipped.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxfan View Post
I'd be happy to have a look at your problems and see if I can help. I've got no special qualifications other than having been a computer hobbyist since 1980 and mostly Windows-focused since the days of Windows for Workgroups all the way up to the present, so while I'm not a professional Windows tech, I do have quite a lot of experience solving issues. I'm not in TV right now, but there are various ways I could have a look at your system remotely. PM me if you're interested.
Bob, you are very kind. I'll PM you for some advice.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
I am a tech novice and freely admit to that. Nevertheless, we upgraded to computer no. 1 with Windows 10 installed and loved it particularly since I was able to disable Cortana. We then upgraded to computer no. 2 with Windows 10 and disabled Cortana and loved it. Then a couple of weeks ago computer no. 1 updated with Windows Anniversary and I could not disable Cortana. Okay, that was my wife's computer. Then yesterday, to my horror, my computer ( no. 2 ) updated with Windows Anniversary. I can not make Cortana go away. She is omnipresent and omniscient. In the future there will be shrines to Cortana and she will be worshipped.
Can you be more specific? What sorts of things do you see Cortana doing that you want to disable? I have turned off all the Cortana settings I can find and rarely see her doing anything. An occasional Notification is about all (maybe once a week).
--
Bob C
Old 10-07-2016, 09:43 PM

Are you in TV now? My desktop needs some help. It is not using Chrome as my main search. We are brand new here, and I need an occasional computer guru.
Thanks.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linny View Post
Are you in TV now? My desktop needs some help. It is not using Chrome as my main search. We are brand new here, and I need an occasional computer guru.
Thanks.
I should be back in about 10 days.
--
Bob C
Closed Thread

Tags
windows, recommend, anniversary, question, downloaded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.