Windows Office/Word help

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2016, 02:15 PM
Veteran member
Default Windows Office/Word help

This relates to Word 13. I've already searched the Microsoft users forum without finding a solution. In fact, posts there say there isn't one.

Situation: Spellcheck alerts me to unusual words and I click "Ignore." In some cases, I add them to the dictionary. After saving the file, the same words and usages that I've "ignored" or added to the dictionary come up for spellcheck consideration. This is a serious pain in the butt when editing a multi-thousand word document.

Anybody have experience with this quirk? So-called experts on the user forum say it is what it is.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

I think this has been a word characteristic since 2010 version which I am using. I agree with you, as I tend to work with some documents that are over 100 pages long, and occasionally contain technobabble not in Words dictionary. I have gotten into the habit of ignoring the squiggly lines. If I ever stumble onto a solution, I will try to remember to share.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
This relates to Word 13. I've already searched the Microsoft users forum without finding a solution. In fact, posts there say there isn't one.

Situation: Spellcheck alerts me to unusual words and I click "Ignore." In some cases, I add them to the dictionary. After saving the file, the same words and usages that I've "ignored" or added to the dictionary come up for spellcheck consideration. This is a serious pain in the butt when editing a multi-thousand word document.

Anybody have experience with this quirk? So-called experts on the user forum say it is what it is.
I used to work on 500 page documents and considered myself to be pretty good at Word. That's been a few years and the program has changed so I tried to look up your question and found this link. It might have your answer, not sure, but it is definitely interesting and might give you some ideas.

10 Spelling Checker Secrets for Microsoft Word | PCWorld
Old 08-31-2016, 06:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I used to work on 500 page documents and considered myself to be pretty good at Word. That's been a few years and the program has changed so I tried to look up your question and found this link. It might have your answer, not sure, but it is definitely interesting and might give you some ideas.

10 Spelling Checker Secrets for Microsoft Word | PCWorld
Excellent resource, I had forgotten a lot of these since retiring. I actually was using Word as a drafting program for a while, as I was in management, and was not allowed to do "drafting" I figured our a way to do what I wanted in Word. These were E size prints when printed out!
Old 09-21-2016, 09:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Excellent resource, I had forgotten a lot of these since retiring. I actually was using Word as a drafting program for a while, as I was in management, and was not allowed to do "drafting" I figured our a way to do what I wanted in Word. These were E size prints when printed out!
Hi do you do any computer work; like a tuneup, unit goes into halting and stalling while doing email or word doc.

So, do you do upgrading or rebuilding?
Please reply

pnb900@msn.com
Old 09-21-2016, 12:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Hi do you do any computer work; like a tuneup, unit goes into halting and stalling while doing email or word doc.

So, do you do upgrading or rebuilding?
Please reply

pnb900@msn.com
I an former lifetime (aka before retirement), I did a lot of work on computers, including hand building my first 2 computers, custom software, custom hardware, etc. But since retiring, I have left this to others. If you contact the computer club, they have people that can help. I used them when my wife's PC contacted a nasty virus. They were very helpful.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Hi, just a request. If you use word to do drafting, do you mean Mechanical Drawing, Descriptive Geometry and Tool Design projects? You mentioned printing out E size drawings, I am impressed. Would you mind telling me a bit about that and using MS Word to do the work?
Thank you.

bbbbbb
Old 10-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Sage

bbbbbb,

Sent you a PM, but yes I did both electrical diagrams (no scale), scaled drawings for physical layout of facilities. Some of these were hybrid, part PDF and part word art.

VT

Tags
forum, spellcheck, word, dictionary, words

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.