Aurora's Upholstery and Decor, Wildwood

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2017, 05:05 AM
Default Aurora's Upholstery and Decor, Wildwood

[B]I had a special need to recover two high top chair seats that were covered with faux leather. In short order of owning these two chairs, it didn't take long for by beloved to inadvertently damage the seat's perimeter wearing cargo pants (You know, buttons, tabs, etc.) He was not convinced so we switched chairs. Now I had a matching pair of damaged chairs.

I researched where I might get a special request of recovering the chairs with new fabric I already owned. The challenge would be to have the confidence that the chairs would be properly covered and matching using material in a plaid pattern. Not an easy task to match two chairs in a plaid pattern aesthetically pleasing and look like twins.

I did my research and found that Aurora's Upholstery and Décor, 415 N. Main St., Wildwood, Fl. 34785, 352/348-1748 was definitely the place to go when I met the owner showed him my material and photos of my high top chairs. Easy drive 466A towards Hwy 301, turn left and immediately turn right into dirt/gravel surfaced parking lot.See name of business on building.

The owners have been in business in Wildwood for more than 15 years. They are Italian immigrants from Argentina and my upbringing taught me to appreciate the skill and pride I had always known existed.

When I saw the finished product I was near giddy with joy at the workmanship and pride that we Italian-Americans continue to leave our mark in this wonderful land, our United States of America. Aurora's Upholstery among this special group (workmanship and pride(quality).
Listen carefully to their pleasing to the ears Italian accent because they understand and will show you they understood your service needs too.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:34 AM
Sage

Thanks for your recommendations. I know that plaids are very difficult, I learned that in 4-H when I decided to make a plaid dress at age 12.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:18 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Last edited by Boomer; 02-19-2017 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

They do beautiful work, but you must be patient.....it took them a VERY long time to reupholster my grandmother's chair, but was so happy with the results, glad I was patient.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:21 PM

We had fast service on restuffed cushions and are VERY Happy with the results

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2017, 10:01 PM

If you have received service for your upholstery, re-upholstery, refinishing from Aurora's Upholstery, please feel free to share your experience.
Closed Thread

Tags
chairs, auroras, wildwood, upholstery, special

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.