Av support

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2015, 07:29 AM
Unhappy Av support

AT the risk of being blasphemous, I have to share my experience with Tom at The VillagesAV. When we bought our first house in March of 2014 he came out and was very helpful and did not even charge us and hooked up our internet.
This time I emailed him in June to set up an appointment for July 28 to have cable/satellite installed and 4 TVs wall mounted in two houses. He said he was busy but with that much notice it would be fine. That Mon. came and went and nothing, I tried calling and emailing and finally he said he could get there the Wed. before we were going back, BUT Comcast needed to come out to hook us up and that could not happen until the day before we left, a full week after he said he contacted them. And a full 2 weeks after we had arrived. I specifically wanted him there when we got down so we could have internet in the new house when we got there.
I can only assume that because he is so good he has gotten too busy and now service suffers. Therefore, I am now looking for someone to do this when we return at the end of Oct. Any suggestions?
Old 09-01-2015, 08:35 AM

I have used Tom twice and have been very, very pleased with the quality, price and timeliness. If the need arises, I will use Tom again even if I have to wait.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
I have used Tom twice and have been very, very pleased with the quality, price and timeliness. If the need arises, I will use Tom again even if I have to wait.
Heartily agree!, We have used Tom several times and will use him whenever he provides any service we need!

I do not as a rule give blanket recommendations but in Tom's case I certainly do.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Yes, Tom is highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhbear View Post
Heartily agree!, We have used Tom several times and will use him whenever he provides any service we need!

I do not as a rule give blanket recommendations but in Tom's case I certainly do.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:15 AM

When I moved into my new house in GA a few years back, it took Comcast six weeks to send someone out to see if there was a box in front of my house... which there was, and both neighbors had Comcast. I got tired of waiting and installed DISH... and Comcast called me that same day to tell me, "Congratulations! May we set an appointment for your installation?"
Old 09-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Sage

I tried to get Comcast services started in an 11 year old house in St. Augustine and they told me the house address didn't exist. It took several days and supervisor attention to get that resolved. Then installation was scheduled two weeks later. So my experience parallels Tom's.

Tom has worked in my home twice, so when I read the OP's report, I immediately surmised Comcast was behind the delays.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:45 PM

I have had experience with Comcast so I am well aware of their deficiencies. If I only wanted to set up Comcast I would have made my own arrangements, not go through a third party. So it really was not a "Comcast" problem. (For once)
I also had my own furniture refinishing business fo 33 years so I am well aware of customer service. I know Tom does good work so when I asked to be put on the schedule a month ahead of time and then waited all day for him to show up and then did not receive a response for another week that is what I was upset about. As I said I had hoped to get 4 TV's wall mounted at two different locations as well as establish service.
I hope it was just a huge misunderstanding on everyone's part.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

July 28th was a Tuesday, not a Monday. Just a slight technicality but could you have been mistaken about the date/day also?
Old 09-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suediff View Post
I have had experience with Comcast so I am well aware of their deficiencies. If I only wanted to set up Comcast I would have made my own arrangements, not go through a third party. So it really was not a "Comcast" problem. (For once)
I also had my own furniture refinishing business fo 33 years so I am well aware of customer service. I know Tom does good work so when I asked to be put on the schedule a month ahead of time and then waited all day for him to show up and then did not receive a response for another week that is what I was upset about. As I said I had hoped to get 4 TV's wall mounted at two different locations as well as establish service.
I hope it was just a huge misunderstanding on everyone's part.
I suggest you & Tom discuss this in person rather on an Internet forum!
Old 09-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Veteran member

Tom was very helpful to me when Comcast messed up the date for service installation I ordered through him. He got everything fixed and the installation happened on the date originally requested.

I'll use Tom to do my TV wall installs and surround system when we become full time Villagers later this month.
Closed Thread

Tags
busy, internet, full, house, week, contacted, day, back, comcast, suggestions, needed, weeks, happen, hook, left, end, service, oct, suffers, return, good, wanted, specifically, arrived, assume

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.