Birdcage contractors

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2016, 10:50 AM
Default Birdcage contractors

Has anybody used Magellan Remodeling Services?
Old 02-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,006 Times in 2,199 Posts

We used Kilcrease, who actually used Sweeting LLC as subcontractors. Loved the work that Sweeting 352 209 7676 did, all of the concrete work, the bird cage aluminum, and the screening. Electrical work by others.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

T&D, T&D, T&D. Great work, excellent reputation, no subbed out work.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
All the above is true except "no subbed out". We had concrete pad poured by them and the people who did the work were not T&D employees.

Get several bids and ask to see their work. White Aluminum is good.

Last edited by renrod; 02-12-2016 at 03:39 PM. Reason: add wording
Old 02-12-2016, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts
Default Ive had three separate

Quote:
Originally Posted by renrod View Post
All the above is true except "no subbed out". We had concrete pad poured by them and the people who did the work were not T&D employees.

Get several bids and ask to see their work. White Aluminum is good.
projects done by them. Driveway expansion, a pool, and a small patio extension, all of which was done by T&D employees, unless they loan their trucks to other companies
Old 02-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Sage

As a side note, we had estimates from T&D and Kilcrease, T&D was higher, and the deal breaker was they were a MONTH longer on the estimated completion date. We went with Kilcrease (subbed out to Sweeting LLC), and they were good to their word, start to finish, ~800 sq. ft. of birdcage in 2 weeks from ground breaking to inspection.
So when you get estimates, check on expected completion date if this is important to you.
I agree with the comments on T&D as they did 2 of my neighbors, however, I did see how long they took, and while I DO NOT have direct knowledge, it appears there were different (possibly subbed out) crews for each phase of the project, which might explain the extended construction period.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas
Default Don't be so quick......

Any company can sub-out, but my experience with Kilcrease was just horrible. The subs they used were incompetent at best and constant no-shows. I cannot tell you the major, major mistakes that would have been made had we not been there to oversee every task. This was NOT trivial stuff. A sprinkler running/working under the slab to a 6 month completion date for a pretty darn small birdcage. The owner of Kilcrease seems like a nice man, but the companies he hires seemed bottom-of-the-barrel.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 AM

Many thanks for all of your help. Right now we are leaning towards Brian Terry Vinyl, because we have read many great reviews, and have friends who have been very pleased with them.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:31 AM

Highly recommend Wayne with Brian Terry Vinyl. We've used them for three different bird cage projects and get great results every time. 352-461--503.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
Any company can sub-out, but my experience with Kilcrease was just horrible. The subs they used were incompetent at best and constant no-shows. I cannot tell you the major, major mistakes that would have been made had we not been there to oversee every task. This was NOT trivial stuff. A sprinkler running/working under the slab to a 6 month completion date for a pretty darn small birdcage. The owner of Kilcrease seems like a nice man, but the companies he hires seemed bottom-of-the-barrel.
I agree completely, I think I may have been very lucky with the sub out to Sweeting LLC, so I will state that I highly recommend Sweeting LLC, as they did 95% or more of the work on this project.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:58 AM

Has anyone heard of/used D & J?
Old 05-18-2016, 12:49 PM

Not true that T & D does not sub out. T & D did our pool and lanai. We had problems with the paint peeling off the metal after four years. T & D being the great company that they are fix it. The man who replaced the framing was a sub contractor. He did and outstanding job! I think
T & D are the best. Stand behind there work.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Amazed and awed here and so agree.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,306 Times in 866 Posts

T&D has a screen enclosure, concrete, patio and pool, spas and other stuff group of companies that interact with each other to provide a single point. They have been with TV since the beginning. They did our enclosed Lanai and we were very happy with their work. We never saw anyone except a T&D employee. I agree with villagetinker, they do have extended scheduling which I contribute to the fact they are in demand, both by TV for their new construction but also by residents. If time is important, you might want to look elsewhere. They will be higher priced (you can always find someone cheaper) but for me, the quality of the work was worth it. Our installation was done 18 months ago and we have never had to call them back to fix something after acceptance.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-19-2016, 07:45 AM

We used B n J Construction, David Tel # 352-267-5684 ~ they added a 57 foot birdcage and another 9x12 pad. It took two weeks worked everyday except weekends. Great job and David and Jessie are nice guys. When I had a question or concern they responded no problem. $200 down and the rest when the job was completed. We decided to put paver's down and they came back and rehung the door as promised. Their price was great very satisfied.
If you would like to see their work PM me.

Tags
magellan, remodeling, services, contractors, birdcage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.