Buyer beware - All Seasons Pools

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2016, 05:14 PM
Angry Buyer beware - All Seasons Pools

All Seasons pools has put us through living hell.

First, their local sales manager, Stephen, will lie to your face. Not only to us but several other people we have met says the same thing! We had second thoughts about cancelling our contract before All Seasons had not done any onsite work. Stephen said that we would have to pay them $20,000 to cancel our contract because All Seasons had already ordered the columns going around the pool and they were already in they warehouse. BTW...All Seasons does not have a warehouse and we are still waiting for them to receive and install them. Then he screamed at my wife and me!

Secondly, All Seasons used ALL sub contractors. They had three construction supervisors quit and there was no one monitoring the subs work?

Third, they could have finished our pool in mid May...but even with many items not completed they demanded us to pay the 100% of the contracted price. They immediately informed us that all work would stop if we did not pay them? We still have no plaster or water in the pool, June 24, and even though there are many things that have not been finished, we are going to pay them so that we have water in our pool and our 38 guest coming.

We had to demand that they redo the deck because it drained directly into the pool. After many weeks they spent 2 weeks in repairing bad workmanship.

Fourth..they ask us to have our neighbors approval to cross their property during construction. READ the fine print. This is the most dishonest legal document they have. The fine print states the the pool customer is 100% liable foe any damage All Seasons does. Yep, you have to pay your neighbor for all damages All Seasons does. Can you say dishonest?

We live next to the restroom on Bonifay Destin course. If you come by in a couple of weeks you will see our large sign warning of the dishonest company!

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 06-24-2016, 06:57 PM
Sage

I am sorry to hear about your problems. I realize this is a bit late but there are some basic concepts to follow with contractors. The first is check their with past customers, and not the customer names they provide. I realize this may take some effort but it is worthwhile. The second is to negotiate a contract that has payment draws for specific milestones, or better yet, you pay the entire amount upon completion of the job. Once the milestones are met, they get their draw. And lastly, read the contract and modify anything you don't like. If they don't agree, walk. You have the money, you make the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbcox View Post

First, their local sales manager, Stephen, will lie to your face. Not only to us but several other people we have met says the same thing! We had second thoughts about cancelling our contract before All Seasons had not done any onsite work. Stephen said that we would have to pay them $20,000 to cancel our contract because All Seasons had already ordered the columns going around the pool and they were already in they warehouse. BTW...All Seasons does not have a warehouse and we are still waiting for them to receive and install them. Then he screamed at my wife and me!

Secondly, All Seasons used ALL sub contractors. They had three construction supervisors quit and there was no one monitoring the subs work?

Third, they could have finished our pool in mid May...but even with many items not completed they demanded us to pay the 100% of the contracted price. They immediately informed us that all work would stop if we did not pay them? We still have no plaster or water in the pool, June 24, and even though there are many things that have not been finished, we are going to pay them so that we have water in our pool and our 38 guest coming.

We had to demand that they redo the deck because it drained directly into the pool. After many weeks they spent 2 weeks in repairing bad workmanship.

Fourth..they ask us to have our neighbors approval to cross their property during construction. READ the fine print. This is the most dishonest legal document they have. The fine print states the the pool customer is 100% liable foe any damage All Seasons does. Yep, you have to pay your neighbor for all damages All Seasons does. Can you say dishonest?

We live next to the restroom on Bonifay Destin course. If you come by in a couple of weeks you will see our large sign warning of the dishonest company!

Old 06-24-2016, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OP, contact Senior against crime, then the BBB, a lawyer if necessary. What you describe is outrageous you have rights, and I am sure their "contract" is not legally binding with that damage clause. Hopefully you can get some restitution for all of your aggravation. Going forward, I would never even think about contacting them for warranty work, if they offer a warranty. I hope this works out for you.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:37 AM
Platinum member

If there is a state agency thst regulates be sure to contact them. I never pay fully in advance for any work not done. Do you pay at a cafe before you eat?
Old 06-25-2016, 09:52 AM

I asked them if they pay their subs who have not completed their work. No reply was given!
Old 06-25-2016, 09:59 AM

I have contacted Seniors against crime, the AG, the FL state license division that controls their pool license. I will contact the BBB also. Do you think the Daily Sun should have a section with contractor reviews where both the residents plus the contractors reply?
Old 06-25-2016, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
If there is a state agency thst regulates be sure to contact them. I never pay fully in advance for any work not done. Do you pay at a cafe before you eat?
Here is the State of Florida corporations page where Judgement Liens against contractors can be searched/found.

For an individual, enter last name.....

www.sunbiz.org - Judgment Filing Inquire by Debtor Name

Menu tabs at the top have all other info on registered corporations/LLC's.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I asked them if they pay their subs who have not completed their work. No reply was given!
Not sure what Florida law is but in some states, sub contractors can put a lien on your house for labor and material even though you have paid the prime contractor and they did not pay the subs and material costs. Good luck.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debow View Post
Not sure what Florida law is but in some states, sub contractors can put a lien on your house for labor and material even though you have paid the prime contractor and they did not pay the subs and material costs. Good luck.
I believe Florida has that law too.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:18 PM

I have asked them to provide me lien statements from all sub contractors. Time will tell if I receive them.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
I have asked them to provide me lien statements from all sub contractors. Time will tell if I receive them.
Understanding Mechanic's Liens - FindLaw
Old 06-25-2016, 05:37 PM
Sage
Default All Seasons not good

First, I'm so sorry for what you have been through. Before hiring All Seasons did you not look on this site to read what others had to say about them? I have heard several people, my neighbor included, say they are very disappointed in their work and the length and the time it took to install the pool. My neighbor's pool is about 2 1/2 years old and have had multiple problems with their pool. It took them an entire summer to install due to sub contractors. They never showed up and when they did it was for a few hours at a time. They get the hole dug and then take,their sweet time. They have you entangled in their web. T&D are the top pool installers and do great work...they did our pool. All Seasons is cheaper but you get what you pay for.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:41 PM
Veteran member

We listen to Stephen for about 15 minutes,all crap! couldn't get him out fast enough. We used Wiseman Pools (Tim Duncan)had the BEST service ever. great company,took care of everything,including sprinklers and lawns. Did a beautiful job for lot less than All Seasons.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, how/why did you choose this company and how many other pool companies did you get a bid from?
Old 06-26-2016, 10:51 AM

Apparently not enough...sorry I did not get more.
Closed Thread

Tags
seasons, pool, pay, dishonest, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.