Century Link vs. Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Veteran member

I had an appointment 7-21 for century link installation tv & Internet. The tech was telling me about all the freezing. So I changed my mind and didn't go thru with the installation. Have since contracted with Direct tv. Now I have to decide on Internet. Only choice I have is Century link or Comcast. I KEEP FLIPPING THE COIN???? Still undecided.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:47 AM

One thing about Comcast, if you are out of service for a few hours they give you credit, see if Century link does that.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchase View Post
We are looking into the possibility of switching from Comcast (bundled service) to Century Link. We were provided information from a Century Link rep about the advantages of CL over Comcast. We are in a fiber optics area, (Buttonwood) and would appreciate any input from anyone who has switched services.
We had Comcast but jumped to Century Link with Prism TV . It works great at a better price than Comcast.

But we sold the house (in three days) and moved 6 blocks north only to discover we would not have the Centurylink bundle. The fiber optics were in the vicinity of Co RD 472. Fiber is good for you! You are fortunate to have adequate fiber.

INHO Centurylink is the better of the two by far.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjo View Post
Have CenturyLink and love it EXCEPT....frequent freezing (every other day) but wait 10 minutes and it'll come back. Irritating when I'm on the internet though.
We have Century Link for phone and internet only. We don't have freezing on our internet. The reason we don't have freezing could be that we live in a newly developed area, Sanibel, with new cable lines and we don't have the addition of prism TV. The internet sevice we have is great and works well with our DirecTV service. We chose not to bundle Century Link with DirecTV as we are long time DirecTV customers and brought our boxes with us from VA.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

Switched from Directv to Centurylink Prism TV and Internet. No problems. They will all have a brief interuption during a storm. Great service, NO CONTRACT NECESSARY. Excellent pricing. I think they are fiber optic to a point and DSL from there to the home.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Gold member

How do you determine whether or not you have fiber optic phone cable? We are in Pennecamp, the neighborhood is 2-3 yrs old.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:45 AM

We also switched to Century Link last week. I am now having trouble getting Comcast to cancel us out. How did you cancel your Comcast service?
Old 08-05-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal lover;53***8
We also switched to Century Link last week. I am now having trouble getting Comcast to cancel us out. How did you cancel your Comcast service?
Very easy - called to cancel. Then we had a week to return the equipment. Went to the Comcast office in Leesburg on a Saturday morning, they gave me a receipt and we were done with Comcast!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Default Prism vs xfinity

Ok both of the services have their ups and downs but overall that have to say Centrelink. For a cup for a couple of reasons it really depends on your taste if your for the prize goto Comcast if your for the quality go to Centrelink. This isnt that old embark type centurylink theyve upgraded to a fiber optic backbone... And privides service for one household at a time instead of a shared network.. But on the otherhand if your not big on hd n dvr n fancy stuff then try comcast.. You can beat tha price with comcast but its just a headach... U almost gotta threaten to leave for another company...
Old 11-15-2012, 04:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default We dropped our comcast phone

went with Magic Jack, $20 a year, comcast $50 a month, unlimited calls nationwide, no brainer and easy to install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo View Post
We've lost our Comcast telephone six times in three months. They just can't seem to get it working correctly. Thought about switching to Century Link but the Rep told us
they don't service our area (for TV-Phone-Internet). We're in St. James. Does anyone
have a Century Link bundle in our area ??
Old 11-15-2012, 06:46 AM
Sage

Quite a few of us have it in Tamarind Grove, right next door.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 AM

We love Century Link. Had so many problems with Comcast.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Sage

Comcast with phone, internet and TV was costing me roughly twice as much as Century Link costs now, and I'm happy with all 3 services. I was never happy with Comcast.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Default comcast vs century link

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSam View Post
We switched from Comcast to Centurylink about a month ago and love it! Great service!
what village are you in? We are moning to fernandina in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Platinum member

I have fiber optics and I have century link prism. First the TV and Internet would freeze. 10 times a day. Came by and after many visits the TV stopped freezing. Well now for the past 3 months, the Internet stops working a couple times a day. I have to re-boot each time. That's it..I'm done. I don't even want to see them again. I don't even want to give them the chance to fix it...DONE! Plus..after my 6 month promotions are over, my last bill is $178 a month. That's just too much!

So now, I'm gonna try Direct for TV, don't know who for Internet.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.