CenturyLink Phone

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2017, 09:08 AM
Default CenturyLink Phone

We have had intermittent problems getting a dial tone for several days. And of course nobody can call our number when that happens. When I contacted CenturyLink a few days ago, I was told my repair ticket was one of many that were being written for a similar problem.

We got service back for a while and now again, since last evening, no dial tone and another repair ticket. We are on fiber optic service, in Santiago, and the CenturyLink internet service works fine.

Are other folks in The Villages also having this problem with a CenturyLink land line phone?
Old 02-17-2017, 09:15 AM
Platinum member

Actually I am having trouble with my Century Link internet connection fading in and out.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:32 PM
Veteran member

I was having trouble with my phone where I couldn't get a dial tone and even the answering system wouldn't work. Centurylink came out promptly and he said he really couldn't find anything wrong with my line. Come to find out it was the phone itself. I had a 3-handset system that was 2 years old. Evidently the batteries had died and it was almost cheaper to buy a new system than to buy 3 new batteries. So I bought a new 4-handset system and my phone is working great. It wasn't the line at all.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:52 PM

I believe the problem was fixed as of about 3:30 this afternoon. From what the repair person described when he called, it sounded like a pretty wide outage, caused by some switching or routing equipment that wasn't working reliably.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:16 PM
Gold member

I've had same "no dial tone" issues off and on for several days now.We pay a good chunk of money every month to Centurylink and it seems there is always an issue with one piece of equipment or another.
Closed Thread

Tags
centurylink, service, repair, ticket, phone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.