Consignment Company

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Unhappy Consignment Company

We turned some excess furniture over to Lifestyle Consignment Furniture, LLC in June 2010, shortly after moving to The Villages. The company is located at 12331 SE US 441 in Belleview. Several of the "high end" items sold in November 2010 and we were supposed to receive our 50% share on December 6, 2010. It's been well over a year and we still haven't been paid. Repeated efforts to contact the company in writing, via e-mail, and by phone have not produced results. Several thousand dollars are involved. We will now pursue a remedy through the legal system. Beware of this company and all of its hollow promises!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

That is so awful. We have recieved several checks from Bargains and Treasures for excess stuff we didn't need. They are very reliable. I hadn't heard of this one. Thank you for the warning and sorry for your bad experience!!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I remembered reading a thread on here a few months ago about that place, I just did a search and found it, here's the link:

Lifestyles Consignment Shop
Old 01-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Unhappy

She also took my high end furniture and she sold all my items. She had pictures on her web site of my furniture. We stoped in the store and everything had been sold. It's a very long story...many phone calls, mailed her letters and on and on. I ended up in Ocala court house. You can file a case against her threw small claims court. She already has a few on file.
We were able to find out that she has a long history of this kind of thing
Old 01-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Platinum member

I lost hundreds.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is so awful. We have recieved several checks from Bargains and Treasures for excess stuff we didn't need. They are very reliable. I hadn't heard of this one. Thank you for the warning and sorry for your bad experience!!
Same experience with us, with Bargains and Treasures, both selling and buying.

But I can't count the number of times when neighbors and others have said, "Pfffffffft....I won't buy or sell there.....Their prices are too high!!"

And yet, if you go in weekly to see what they have, about 60%-70% of the inventory can be gone in a week, with other interesting buys in their place.

If people buy the stuff quickly, then the pricing is right.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Same experience with us, with Bargains and Treasures, both selling and buying.

But I can't count the number of times when neighbors and others have said, "Pfffffffft....I won't buy or sell there.....Their prices are too high!!"
And yet, if you go in weekly to see what they have, about 60%-70% of the inventory can be gone in a week, with other interesting buys in their place.

If people buy the stuff quickly, then the pricing is right.
We've had nothing but positive experiences with Bargains & Treasures! They only accept furniture in excellent condition. When we bought our first Villages home in 2007, we totally furnished it with consignment furniture from B & T (except for new mattresses). We were there every day and got great stuff the minute it was unloaded. We became best friends with the staff, the delivery guys even asked Fireboy to go fishing with them! We'd see identical furniture at Southern Lifestyles for twice the price.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Smile

We have used Neerlee New on 441 Fruitland Park.. They have been more than fair in giving us what we want for our used/unneeded furniture. We sign a contract and they arrive to pick up the items as scheduled complete with a check in hand.
Would not hesitate to buy/sell to them again!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeybabe View Post
We have used Neerlee New on 441 Fruitland Park.. They have been more than fair in giving us what we want for our used/unneeded furniture. We sign a contract and they arrive to pick up the items as scheduled complete with a check in hand.
Would not hesitate to buy/sell to them again!
We've also sold through Bargains and Treasures with great results. I'll have to try Neerlee New, haven't been there yet. Do they have rattan patio furniture?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We've also sold through Bargains and Treasures with great results. I'll have to try Neerlee New, haven't been there yet. Do they have rattan patio furniture?
We've bought a number of items from Neerlee New and I have seen some rattan patio furnature outside on the left side of their building. It's probably hit or miss if you'll find what you want, but their turnover is pretty rapid and you may want to stop back fairly frequently to see what's new. (Used new)

You should note that Neerlee New is not a consignment shop. They buy and sell. We sold them the desk that came with our home, but I wasn't impressed with how much we were given for it. They should have been able to sell it for at least 5 times or more what they paid us for it. Despite that we do like them and would buy from them anytime. If we were to unload anything in the future we would most likely use Furnature Barn which is a consignment store thats about 5 or less minutes from Neerlee New in Fruitland Park. BTW, the owners of Neerlee New are TV residents. They live in Hadley!

Neerlee New Website: http://site.neerleenewfurnishings.com/
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Default Consignment Company

I am meeting with Seniors vs. Crime on Wednesday, February 1 about this matter. They said that they will "give it their best shot" to try to help us. They can be reached at 689-4600-extension 4606. They are located at Morse Boulevard and 466 in the government building. There is value in numbers!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:30 AM
Default Consignment Company

Seniors vs. Crime has also indicated that they could refer the company to the Attorney General if enough complaints are received. Please consider this if you too have been victimized by Lifestyles Consignment Furniture LLC.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Location: Monroe, MI, USAF, Ogden UT, Tipp City OH, Troy OH, The Villages since 2002

Have you contacted Seniors vs Crime? They sometimes are able to help in case like this. Each case and business are different however. They are open at the sherrifs office in the Villages and on Hwy 42 in Marion county. I know they both are open on Tuesdays from 10-2. Good Luck.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.