Talk of The Villages



» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Consignment Company
  #1  
Old 01-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
Unhappy Consignment Company

We turned some excess furniture over to Lifestyle Consignment Furniture, LLC in June 2010, shortly after moving to The Villages. The company is located at 12331 SE US 441 in Belleview. Several of the "high end" items sold in November 2010 and we were supposed to receive our 50% share on December 6, 2010. It's been well over a year and we still haven't been paid. Repeated efforts to contact the company in writing, via e-mail, and by phone have not produced results. Several thousand dollars are involved. We will now pursue a remedy through the legal system. Beware of this company and all of its hollow promises!!!

  #2  
Old 01-27-2012, 02:36 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 21,020
Default

That is so awful. We have recieved several checks from Bargains and Treasures for excess stuff we didn't need. They are very reliable. I hadn't heard of this one. Thank you for the warning and sorry for your bad experience!!
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 01-27-2012, 02:57 PM
John_W's Avatar
Gold member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Village of Tamarind Grove
Posts: 1,220
Default

I remembered reading a thread on here a few months ago about that place, I just did a search and found it, here's the link:

Lifestyles Consignment Shop
  #4  
Old 01-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7
Unhappy

She also took my high end furniture and she sold all my items. She had pictures on her web site of my furniture. We stoped in the store and everything had been sold. It's a very long story...many phone calls, mailed her letters and on and on. I ended up in Ocala court house. You can file a case against her threw small claims court. She already has a few on file.
We were able to find out that she has a long history of this kind of thing
Sponsored Links
  #5  
Old 01-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Gold member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,028
Default

I lost hundreds.
__________________
Village of Hacienda East
  #6  
Old 01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is so awful. We have recieved several checks from Bargains and Treasures for excess stuff we didn't need. They are very reliable. I hadn't heard of this one. Thank you for the warning and sorry for your bad experience!!
Same experience with us, with Bargains and Treasures, both selling and buying.

But I can't count the number of times when neighbors and others have said, "Pfffffffft....I won't buy or sell there.....Their prices are too high!!"

And yet, if you go in weekly to see what they have, about 60%-70% of the inventory can be gone in a week, with other interesting buys in their place.

If people buy the stuff quickly, then the pricing is right.
Sponsored Links
  #7  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Barefoot's Avatar
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Winters in TV, Summers in Canada.
Posts: 10,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Same experience with us, with Bargains and Treasures, both selling and buying.

But I can't count the number of times when neighbors and others have said, "Pfffffffft....I won't buy or sell there.....Their prices are too high!!"
And yet, if you go in weekly to see what they have, about 60%-70% of the inventory can be gone in a week, with other interesting buys in their place.

If people buy the stuff quickly, then the pricing is right.
We've had nothing but positive experiences with Bargains & Treasures! They only accept furniture in excellent condition. When we bought our first Villages home in 2007, we totally furnished it with consignment furniture from B & T (except for new mattresses). We were there every day and got great stuff the minute it was unloaded. We became best friends with the staff, the delivery guys even asked Fireboy to go fishing with them! We'd see identical furniture at Southern Lifestyles for twice the price.
__________________
Barefoot At Last
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
  #8  
Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 PM
bogeybabe's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fairfield Ohio, now Sunset Pointe
Posts: 71
Smile

We have used Neerlee New on 441 Fruitland Park.. They have been more than fair in giving us what we want for our used/unneeded furniture. We sign a contract and they arrive to pick up the items as scheduled complete with a check in hand.
Would not hesitate to buy/sell to them again!
__________________
  #9  
Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Barefoot's Avatar
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Winters in TV, Summers in Canada.
Posts: 10,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeybabe View Post
We have used Neerlee New on 441 Fruitland Park.. They have been more than fair in giving us what we want for our used/unneeded furniture. We sign a contract and they arrive to pick up the items as scheduled complete with a check in hand.
Would not hesitate to buy/sell to them again!
We've also sold through Bargains and Treasures with great results. I'll have to try Neerlee New, haven't been there yet. Do they have rattan patio furniture?
__________________
Barefoot At Last
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
  #10  
Old 01-27-2012, 10:40 PM
skyguy79's Avatar
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Posts: 5,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We've also sold through Bargains and Treasures with great results. I'll have to try Neerlee New, haven't been there yet. Do they have rattan patio furniture?
We've bought a number of items from Neerlee New and I have seen some rattan patio furnature outside on the left side of their building. It's probably hit or miss if you'll find what you want, but their turnover is pretty rapid and you may want to stop back fairly frequently to see what's new. (Used new)

You should note that Neerlee New is not a consignment shop. They buy and sell. We sold them the desk that came with our home, but I wasn't impressed with how much we were given for it. They should have been able to sell it for at least 5 times or more what they paid us for it. Despite that we do like them and would buy from them anytime. If we were to unload anything in the future we would most likely use Furnature Barn which is a consignment store thats about 5 or less minutes from Neerlee New in Fruitland Park. BTW, the owners of Neerlee New are TV residents. They live in Hadley!

Neerlee New Website: http://site.neerleenewfurnishings.com/
__________________
ARE VILLAGERS OLD OR ARE THEY RECYCLED TEENAGERS
At my age rolling out of bed in the morning is easy.
Getting up off the floor is another story.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.