Costco

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Sage

We joined Sam's in TV when they first opened in January. They said that if you were not satisfied you could turn in your cards and get a refund. There are no Sam's in our home area so, used the membership for the 10 weeks we were in TV and on the day before we left, we went to Sam's and got the refund. My wife asked if there would be a problem getting a membership next winter and was told not a prob.

Most Costco's are much bigger and have twice the merchandise as the Sam's in TV.

Drove thru the 441 traffic for over an hour to get to Altamont Springs Costco. Not a trip you want to make often.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

Were you not satisfied?
Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post

Drove thru the 441 traffic for over an hour to get to Altamont Springs Costco. Not a trip you want to make often.

Next time try the turnpike south to 429. It ends at 441 pretty close to the Costco. It's a MUCH easier ride than using 441 all the way down. Or even the one in Brandon which is about 80 miles straight down I-75. All highway at 70 MPH. Also an easier ride.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Veteran member

Freeda - I believe that you are allowed to look around, but are not able to buy anything unless you become a member. The one day pass that they occasionally have allows you to buy on that day, but you pay 10% more than the price that is listed on the shelf.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Veteran member

I remember that we had a discussion at one time about the difference in prices from Sam's Club to Costco, but I couldn't find that thread. So I'm highjacking this thread to give you a link to a news story that did the comparison for us. Here is the link: http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...ecking_savings Intersting to see that my Sam's Club membership really does pay off in some big savings!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.