driveway coating

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScoodlepoops View Post
We used Amy Newsome. Great job. She's a real pro and when we had a small piece of concrete replaced, she returned quickly and made the fix at no cost. It looks just like the original.
I called her twice recently and she never called me back.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:05 PM

What is her number or her company name?
Thanks,
Old 09-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Default High recommendation

I recommend Amy Newsome -- reasonable, talented, on time -- We had a renter spill gasoline on the garage floor and take off the pattern, she came by a couple of days later and redid the 4 foot spot for free !!!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:30 PM

Just stay away from Stone Creations...they are the worst and do not stand by their work.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Veteran member

I had a contractor come today to give a quote. He handed me his sample book to browse through while he took measurements. He gave me the quote and I showed him the picture of how I wanted my cement to look. He proceeds to tell me because I live in a patio villa he could only do one design. That's right I could not choose from his book and he was only allowed to do one design. Sounds like bull and I will be calling others to see if this is true. Anyone heard of this before?
Old 09-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Doesn't sound right to me; as a matter of fact, sounds kind of fishy, Tippy.
Did you ask him why only the one design?
One design? Sez who???
Old 09-24-2014, 05:16 AM
Sage

Another alternative to consider is concrete stain.

Chemical stains penetrate the concrete surface to create beautiful color tones in existing concrete. Stains react directly with the concrete's minerals and produce uneven, mottled, and variegated color effects.

best part is it will never peel, it penetrates the concrete and is MUCH less expensive

Unlike paint, stain is typically immune to fading from the sun.

The Villages Florida
Old 09-24-2014, 06:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
I had a contractor come today to give a quote. He handed me his sample book to browse through while he took measurements. He gave me the quote and I showed him the picture of how I wanted my cement to look. He proceeds to tell me because I live in a patio villa he could only do one design. That's right I could not choose from his book and he was only allowed to do one design. Sounds like bull and I will be calling others to see if this is true. Anyone heard of this before?
He was most likely correct. In our Villa neighborhood we had to get an agreement signed by a majority of the owners agreeing on the color of the coating to be used. All of the homes are now required to use thw same colors. No graphic designs.

When in doubt read your covenants and/or call the Architectural Committee.

Summary: I think the guy is correct.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:35 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post

Chemical stains penetrate the concrete surface to create beautiful color tones in existing concrete. Stains react directly with the concrete's minerals and produce uneven, mottled, and variegated color effects.

best part is it will never peel, it penetrates the concrete and is MUCH less expensive

The Villages Florida
I totally agree, stain is a once and done application.. We used Harald at H&C Concrete....PM me for his contact phone number.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:52 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
He was most likely correct. In our Villa neighborhood we had to get an agreement signed by a majority of the owners agreeing on the color of the coating to be used. All of the homes are now required to use thw same colors. No graphic designs.

When in doubt read your covenants and/or call the Architectural Committee.

Summary: I think the guy is correct.
Yes, I think he is right. At one time, I remember my wonderful TOTV friend, Donna, had her patio villa driveway painted and the "powers that be" became unglued. You were not allowed at that time to do anything to the driveways of patio villas. Well, knowing Donna, she won out and her driveway was allowed. But seems like they have changed the rule now that patio villas can be done but must abide by certain standards for design. Sounds right to me, Tippy, but check further if your still wanting something else.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-23-2014, 11:27 AM

What is Amy's number please and the name of her company
Old 10-23-2014, 03:12 PM

We live in a courtyard villa in the Hillsborough area. Just talked with Community Standards yesterday about doing something with our driveway. I was told that in order to do anything other than a clear coat or concrete gray we would have to have a petition signed by a minimum of 75% of the property owners in our neighborhood. Since I do now want either of the base colors we are out of luck since I doubt that all of the properties have even been sold yet.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post

The Villages Florida
That looks great! I have one question. The surface looks very shiny and smooth. My driveway slopes. Does the driveway become slippery when water is on the surface?
Old 10-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
I totally agree, stain is a once and done application.. We used Harald at H&C Concrete....PM me for his contact phone number.
Beautiful look!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.