dry cleaners bad management and policy

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Default dry cleaners bad management and policy

today I picked up my navy quilt at the local dry cleaners in southern trace and low and behold the lady whom I dropped it off to forgot to tell them to de-lint it. It came out looking like they washed it with towels covered and I mean covered in lint. both sides and totally ruined. somehow this is my fault that their employee did not do her job and put down de-lint it and now it is to late. this cost me 27.99 and they wanted 20 more dollars to try and I mean try to de-lint it. the lady who was there today did work on it with a lint roller as I was very unhappy but I knew there is no way it would be right. I then asked for a refund since they ruined my quilt and was told that is not their policy. so I spent another hundred on a new one and paid their fee due to an employee not marking the paper work properly. I will never use any of the villages cleaners again as they all go to the same place. I will use a cleaners in wildwood that is not linked with these people. I appreciated everything the lady in the building did today but their manager at the cleaners is the issue. I will be filing a complaint and please beware when you take your clothes or anything there THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE if their employee messes up it is YOUR fault.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Sorry about your quilt.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Eternal Member

We have been using using the one in Wildwood for many years. They do a great job. We have never had a problem there.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Platinum member

When I was in the military I developed my Petty Bureaucrat Theory. It is based on the fact that people like to exercise their authority. Many people in service positions do not have the authority to say yes, therefore they believe they have the authority to say no and they exercise that perceived authority. , When a customer needs something approved they must persevere until they are sure they have reached the person with the authority to approve their request. Once this level is reached, if the answer is still no, then, I guess it's over, but until you reach that person, don't give up. Climb the ladder.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
We have been using using the one in Wildwood for many years. They do a great job. We have never had a problem there.
Wildwood Quality Cleaners has a nice website. It says they pick up and deliver and do alterations, too. Good to know. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:41 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Wildwood Quality Cleaners has a nice website. It says they pick up and deliver and do alterations, too. Good to know. Thanks.
Yes, I've had them pick & deliver many times.

Tags
cleaners, lady, de-lint, employee, today

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.