Garage door opener

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel
Default Garage door opener

Does anyone know what is the brand name of the garage door openers installed in new houses?

Thanks, Wayne
Old 12-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Sage

Should be Allstar, MVP model.

Bill
Old 12-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel

Thanks Bill!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Sage

Yup - no problem!

Bill
Old 12-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Platinum member
Default Great Allstar dealer

I made a great discovery after having trouble with an Allstar MVP remote. Romac Garage Doors at 722 Duck Lake Road in Lady Lake is an authorized dealer. The place is well hidden. It's off of Rolling Acres Road just west of Rt 441. In front you see the Romac Lumber warehouse set behind piles of rafters in the delivery yard. You have to drive all the way back behind the lumber buliding, through a high chain-link fence gate to a small building with a Romac Garage Doors sign. The folks in the office there are FANTASTIC! They showed me a demonstration of how to program my remote, and troubleshoot if there were problems. After my visit and a long phone call, they determined the remote was defective, and they told me how to replace it since I had bought it on the internet. All this service for free! If I ever need anything with my garage door again Romac is the first place I will go.

ps: not only was the place hard to find, but their number is nowhere to be found in any phonebook. I finally googled Romac Lumber and found it down the page under Romac Garage Doors
Old 12-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Veteran member

I live in a newly constructed home and my garage door opener has "Ro-Mac" printed on the side of it.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Sage

Ro-mac is the local company that does the installations:

http://www.romaclumber.com/installin...ess-entry-pads

Perhaps they're re-labeling the openers with their company name. Underneath it all, I'd suspect they're still AllStar MVP openers.

Bill
Old 12-28-2011, 06:17 PM

Ro-mac was out doing a punch list item on the garage door for my new house yesterday.

I got to talking to the tech while he was doing what he needed to do.

Bottom line - I had a wireless keypad, which controls both the garage door and the golf cart door, installed. Different 4 digit codes for each door. Codes stored in non-volatile memory (don't need to re-program every time you replace the battery). Re-programmable if you want to change codes. Uses a standard 9-volt battery (same as most smoke detectors use for backup). $48.10 installed, including Sumter County sales tax.

When I was young, I gladly exchanged my time to save money, and I would have done this install myself and saved a couple of bucks (once I ran around, burned up gasoline, and actually put my hands on the correct unit to install). I'm not young any more, and this time I gladly exchanged a few extra bucks to save time and aggravation.

$48.10 is pretty tough to beat, all things considered. Money well spent. Particularly since I also spent a few minutes talking to the young man and learned quite a bit that I didn't know about the care and feeding of garage doors.

Highly recommended.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Veteran member

$48.10 was an excellent price installed! I looked online for a wireless opener. They were around $50 + shipping. Drove over to RoMac ad purchased it for ...$48.10. And i had to install it! One of my neighbors said that they run a special quite often for the $48.10 price. Anyway I had fun installing it myself.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Veteran member
Default For those who are inclined to do it yourself ...

For those who are inclined to do it yourself, I have three wireless keypads, brand new in original boxes, that work with the Allstar garage opener units installed in most Villages homes. The boxes are marked "Allstar WKE, MVP, 318, P/N: 110927," same as what Romac sells or installs. I can sell each for what I paid for them: $30. If interested, please send me a PM. Thanks!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.