Repair recommendations for automobile air conditioning

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Default Repair recommendations for automobile air conditioning

The air just went on our 2002 Ford - it's a great car that we want to keep - any recommendations for a good repair shop?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:33 PM

We like AccuTech on Highway 301 just south of CR 466. We've always been treated fairly and their work is always done correctly.

That said, when the AC went out on our 2000 Windstar, we traded the vehicle in because the repairs were going to run about $1600 which was close to the blue book value of the vehicle. So, we gave up a vehicle that we loved because we could not justify the repair.

You might want to check with Tim at AccuTech. He will give you an estimate that will be honest and accurate, in our experience.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Veteran member

My air recently went out on my truck. I took it to my regular mechanic (who is fantastic!) who said that my mechanic in Panama installed a new compressor but failed to install a new A/C clutch and he recommended that I take it to Reynold's Auto Air in Leesburg (352-787-7285) as they are experts at installing just the A/C clutch (most mechanics will insist on installing both the compressor and the clutch, even if the compressor is in perfect shape--this is unneccesarily expensive).

Apparently Tim (the owner) has been fixing auto A/Cs for twenty something years and that is ALL he does. My mechanic says he is honest, dependable, and does great work. I'll be bringing my truck in on Tuesday and let you know how it goes.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 06-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quality Tire & Repair

great workmanship, price has never been beat and best of all - honesty!

the yard is near the corner of routes 466 and 441 on the right hand side of 466 before you get to 441. don't be put off by the number of cars in the yard - they are that good - and they are an area best kept secret!

best to go in person since they are often too busy to answer their phone!

they were recommended to us by the folks who recommended the villages to us - and we can see how that worked out!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.