Moving to Lady Lakes

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Default Moving to Lady Lakes

Hi there, we are moving to Lady Lakes soon and are in the process of purchasing a home. I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a certified home inspector.

Also, we will be looking for a housekeeper if anyone has any good recommendations on that as well.

Thanks so much!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Veteran member

I used Pat DiGioia of A-1 Villages Home Inspectors and was very pleased. He is a Villages resident.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Default The Village Home Inspector

The Village Home Inspector is a great one to use, has an Infrared Camera that he uses on the walls and ceilings, shows what is happening inside them.

Did digital photos of the inspection and printed the report right there.

352-446-5028
Old 05-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstfyd View Post
Hi there, we are moving to Lady Lakes soon and are in the process of purchasing a home. I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a certified home inspector.

Also, we will be looking for a housekeeper if anyone has any good recommendations on that as well.

Thanks so much!
What part of Lady Lake are you considering? Close to TV?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

And I have to ask. Why in Lady Lake and not The Villages???
Old 05-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to pfhannan
Default Lady Lake

FYI, 9000 residents of Lady lake are in the villages.....
Contact the Chamber of commerce for a good honest referral to a home inspector.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfhannan View Post
FYI, 9000 residents of Lady lake are in the villages.....
Contact the Chamber of commerce for a good honest referral to a home inspector.
Thank you for your clarification..... But most people say they are moving to The Villages. If they are.

And when asked about location some searches show The Villages as Lady Lake. 32162???? Lady Lake or THE VILLAGES?

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-10-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Default Lady Lake/Lake County/TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

And when asked about location some searches show The Villages as Lady Lake. 32162???? Lady Lake or THE VILLAGES?
hi graciegirl!

Not sure this is completely accurate, but someone else will correct me if they know.

The "historic side" of TV has Villages that are just in Lake County, but not in the town of Lady Lake.

Here's the VCDD District Map of Lady Lake/Lake County areas

And, to confuse us more,

Other Villages (ie Village of Country Club Hills) is both in the town of Lady Lake, and Lake County. This can be addressed as either Lady Lake (32159) or The Villages.

It's a beautiful day....in All of The Villages !
Dianne

ps Thought the wikipedia page on TV is interesting!

Last edited by oatmealgirls; 05-10-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: add ps
Old 05-10-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
What part of Lady Lake are you considering? Close to TV?
Thank you for the inspector referrals!

Gracie Girl: 32159 is the zip code....Im still very confused about where TV starts and ends. It seems to be everywhere: )

We are in Lake County, near Lady Lake, the actual lake, (according to the listing of the home) I think its about 3 miles away from TV?? not sure. Thats why I called it Lady Lakes. So I am not sure if we are in TV or not.....

Why we decided to live there and not TV:
We are in our very early 30's and my husband will be working for the hospital there. We decided not to move into TV because its a retirement community and you all moved there because of that....... you want to be retired in peace, not have young people all over the place. We get it and respect that : )

Although I did hear we would get some glances and glares from the older folks when we came into town, most were very friendly to us. hahah!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:33 PM

Glad to hear that some younger people are moving nearby. You will love it regardless of your age. I have no reference for home inspectors, though I do have one for home cleaning. We use Tiffany once a week, $60 each time. She does our floors (mop, sweep, vac carpet), cleans baths, wipes kitchen and the basics. Does a great job and is relable. Her # is 352-461-7123.

Enjoy yourselves and all the area has to offer!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Sage

Quote:

Gracie Girl: 32159 is the zip code....Im still very confused about where TV starts and ends. It seems to be everywhere: )

We are in Lake County, near Lady Lake, the actual lake, (according to the listing of the home) I think its about 3 miles away from TV?? not sure. Thats why I called it Lady Lakes. So I am not sure if we are in TV or not.....

We are in our very early 30's and my husband will be working for the hospital there. We decided not to move into TV because its a retirement community and you all moved there because of that....... you want to be retired in peace, not have young people all over the place. We get it and respect that : )

Although I did hear we would get some glances and glares from the older folks when we came into town, most were very friendly to us. hahah!
Welcome to the area! I was young once.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Default Housekeeper

My home cleaner is very good as well, her prices are reasonable, she is honest and dependable. Her information is 774-451-8006, Chris.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:

Thanks so much!
Tom Comer - 352-255-4258 - Fruitland Park - received a same day emailed report [pictures included] and he subsequently mailed a detailed report in a spiralled 8.5x11 booklet. you can't go wrong with this inspector - he holds all of the necessary certifications and more!

Old 05-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Tom Comer - 352-255-4258 - Fruitland Park - received a same day emailed report [pictures included] and he subsequently mailed a detailed report in a spiralled 8.5x11 booklet. you can't go wrong with this inspector - he holds all of the necessary certifications and more!
Original post May 2010........bet they found an inspector by now.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Welcome

Quote:

Welcome no matter where you live. As far as glances don't worry about them either. Make sure you frequent TV we're all young and love to have fun.. I haven't met an old person yet!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.