Garage floors

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Garage floors

Does anyone have any recommendations for companies doing garge floors. The speckly thing. I am not interested in doing it myself. Thanks!

Becky
Old 09-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Default Re: Garage floors

Hey Becky - I'm with you. Hope some happy villagers will share their stories & recommendations here. I knew of someone who did it themselves and it took 2day's.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Veteran member

TV Man, My neighbors in TV did it but I didn't catch the contractors name. A friend who lives down there is going to go to my neighbor and ask them. I would like to set it up to have done when I am down there over T-giving. Personally I don't think I could do it and have it look nice! Will let you know who did neighbors. It looks great! Still would like others recommends.

Becky
Old 09-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Veteran member

Amy Newsome did our patio, lanai, driveway and sidewalk so far. I'm leaving the garage for last after all the scuffing and dirty work is done. Her tele# is somewhere in my archives, if your interested ill have it looked up by the time you respond. She uses a stain not a paint and guarantees her work and she is very talented with her designs and colors. She can do most any design you want, however I strongly advise you get approval from the Village planning commision before beginning. Its not a pretty site to have your purple sailboat on your orange driveway ground off. :
Handie :joke:
Old 09-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Eternal Member

If you find someone in the neighborhood that has a driveway you like, stop and ask them for the name AND if they would recommend them. The guy that did mine gave me a "special deal" since we were new in the neighborhood. In fact we were one of the few since it was a new neighborhood. I gave him half down (yes - a no-no but I was new at this). It took several phone calls to get him to show up. Excuses were wind, rain, etc. But I got it done. When I pay for a job I watch so I followed him around and had him come back to remove some flecks of paint from the vinyl siding. That took two calls. I was lucky. Some of the others that had him were not very happy.

But I digress.

As Handiman said run it by the architectural review. My understandings is that Villas cannot get their driveways painted because they are connected. But you said garage. So I assume garage only.

If you are going for the whole nine yards - garage, walkway, driveway, lanai, make sure they come back and put a sealer coat after they are done. The sealer coat keeps the luster so that the paint job does not fade.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:39 PM

S&S enterprises did ours, turned out great. 352-299-4530 is the phone #.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:19 AM
Veteran member

Do I have to get committee approval for garage floor? I am not asking about painting the driveway (yet!). Just interested in the garage floor. Thanks for all the answers!

Becky
Old 09-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Sage

Becky...no need for approval of garage floor painting; pretty much anything inside your walls is your business; normally must get permission for any external modifications....driveways, landscape packages (not just sticking annual flowers in the ground, but, for big trees and border areas), birdcage extension, entry walls, awnings, in-ground flagpoles, etc. Always a good idea to submit changes for approval...so that neighbors can't later complain and also to protect you from doing something not permitted and having to reverse it later. Process is very efficient...submit request by Monday noon and get answer by Wed pm. This is the Lake Sumter district process....not sure how it is done in the older sections.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Veteran member

Thank you Villages07! That is what I thought.

Becky
Old 10-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Hey someone gave me the name of Dasher (Last name I think). Any one heard of his work ?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

What is the approx cost from S&S to do a 2 car garage floor in specs!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Veteran member

Approx $1.35 per square foot measure lenght times width and multiply times $1.35

Handie :joke:
Old 10-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07
Becky... This is the Lake Sumter district process....not sure how it is done in the older sections.
The same

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:08 AM

I know you said you did not want to do it yourself.... but my daughter and I did my garage floor which is a double extra long. We used Armoral apoxy.....grey comes with the speckles which you can use or not. Bought two kits @ $70 each plus tax. Total cost was under $ 150 Fantastic product. Took us about 2 hrs to trim and paint (afterall we are girls) The pre cleaning took a little longer, we had a lot of stuff to move around and waited a few days to be sure the concrete was totally dry. Just fantastic.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:23 PM

I can tell you who not to use: Preston Greenlee of Precision Concrete Coatings.

I gave him a down payment in early August to stain our garage floor, driveway, lanai, and outdoor cement pad. The work was to be done when we returned to The Villages at the end of October. I got all kinds of excuses from him and many phone calls saying he'd be here the next day. I cannot tell you how many days we were trapped at home waiting for Preston to show up.

You can only leave a message for him, and he does not return your call. He did complete most of the work on November 3, and asked for most of the money we contracted to pay for the service. I am livid with myself for accommodating this request. He has yet to come back despite several messages we've left for him.

The work is mediocre at best.

Incidentally, a neighbor of mine gave him a down payment at the end of October and have yet to see him.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.