Garage floors

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Garage floors

I never pay for a job until it's done and I'm satisfied, if the contractor has a problem with that then call someone else, there are plenty of them out there.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:59 PM

for painted driveways and gareges call Concrete Creations By Brad Allen at 352-728-3569

been around for a long time. no money up front, pay him when he is done, very prompt
drd
Old 11-21-2007, 06:36 PM

S&S Enterprise at 352-299-4530 is the best ive seen in TV's. they are professional, ontime, and priced just right. If you look around TV you will find recommendations from many for S&S, from attic stairs to painting to gutters all of the reviews are favorable. I dont know about you but when I find a company like this I stick with them. I originally called M&M Services and the guy was rude and they never showed up to give me a qoute. I was really mad when I called to ask why they hadnt showed up and was told " Look its busy this time of year, we get to ya when we can." They will never earn a dime from me. M&M Services winners of my "Losers of the Year" Award.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Eternal Member

Okay, I realize this is a thread from the past, but the subject comes up occasionally so . . .

Handie mentioned and recommended Amy Newsom but didn't have her phone number. It's 352-308-7410.

Amy did my driveway, walks, garage, lanai, and pad. She and her coworker did a sensational job. My big task was clearing the garage floor. The ladies handled the washer/dryer and small freezer. The paint job is gorgeous and I added a personal design to the drive. Since it was unique and there was no stencil available, Amy's coworker (I wish I could remember her name) drew it freehand from a picture I provided ~~ okay, it was a KC Chiefs Arrowhead logo, but don't blame the 4-12 season on me. But I digress . . . The basic floor colors are strikingly attractive and the logo colors are perfect. It was a 3 day job, a few hours each day, so that each coat would set. Couldn't drive on it for another 72 hours, but I could put all the junk back in the garage immediately.

Anyway, I am so glad I did this. The garage and lanai look so good and are easy to keep clean. If anyone is considering doing this, I strongly recommend Amy.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 01-04-2008, 09:01 PM

I followed Sistagurls and many others on this site and called S&S for my garage floor, they gave me a great price, showed up on time and 3 hrs later they had the epoxy down and I couldnt be happier. Thanks sistagurl and thank you S&S
Old 01-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

glad to see you had a good experience oldgoat, I think this is one of the great benefits of this site, linking TOTV'ers and merchants for the benefit of all...does it get any better than this...???? I doubt it, this is a great site, thanks Jan and the rest of the crew!!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Gold member

Great posts - I had heard that if you got your driveway or garage floor painted that it is quite slippery when it gets wet.

Is this true or not?

Thanks,

HB
Old 01-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Once you out the epoxy or stain down on a garage floor...how long does it last or will you have to redo it some time in the future??
Old 01-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Eternal Member

:bigthumbsup: Hey Goat, congrats on getting your floors done. Pure curiosity on my part since I've already done the paint, but what do they charge for the straight epoxy? ??? I paid $1.40/sq ft for my paint job. Also, mine requires/suggests that they come back and apply new sealant about every 2 years, around $250. a shot.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 01-05-2008, 09:21 PM

It was $1 a sq ft..... the service was AWESOME and as you see the price was unbeatable.
The area I wanted done was 20x20.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:55 AM

Oldgoat,

Glad you had a good experience with S&S they did mine have yet to see the finshed product hope it came out as fine as yours. But I have nothing to say but good things about S&S see my prior post.

Had S&S do my attic stairs before I came down for TG. They were excellent, they were suppost to also do epoxy on garage floor, but due to some warranty work that was being done they had to hold off till the Monday after TG. Arranged every thing through Keith Sanders over phone got quotes & now awaiting bill. He would always let me know where the project stood.

Oh and one more thing I had cleared the garage floor the night before from some boxes & trash items from unpacking, even a broken up pallet. I had placed these items outside by my front door so that they would be put out on the proper trash day, S&S called me to say that they would take it to the dump for me at no additional charge. Talk about service above and beyond. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone
Old 06-18-2008, 04:52 PM

;D
Old 06-19-2008, 03:49 AM

Just wanted to make a comment on the epoxy finish on garage floors. We rented a home there last year and there was an electric golf cart available for our use. When we pulled it out of the garage, the previous renters apparently overfilled the batteries and the acids ran all over the floor. Well...the epoxy was bubbled up and peeling. We immediately notified the home owners so we were not going to be held responsible for the damages. So...just be aware if you have an electric cart, keep an eye on the batteries!
Old 05-11-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for companies doing garge floors. The speckly thing. I am not interested in doing it myself. Thanks!

Becky
Before hiring anyone check with Seniors against Crime at the police department. They have information on the black listed contractors.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Veteran member

Had our garage floor done with epoxy by Superior Concrete Design by Woody. Highly recommend him. His work is beautiful! 352-454-4002
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.