» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Golf Cart Rentals
Old 08-15-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Golf Cart Rentals

We will be previewing the lifestyle at the TV at the end of August and want to rent a golf cart. Does anyone know where we can rent one and the cost? Any recommendations?

Re: Golf Cart Rentals
Old 08-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Veteran member

Default Re: Golf Cart Rentals

Can I tag on to this with another question????

First of all, there's a golf rental place in Sumter Landing. If I recall, it's pretty reasonable. But I don't remember what the day rate was.

My question is when we rented the cart last year, I found it incredibly uncomfortable. I was squirming around the seat and couldn't wait to get out!

Are the rental carts different from the type you purchase? Is the comfort level better or are the rentals made the same way as a purchased cart?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Sage

Probably the easiest and most convenient rental location(s) are Villages Golf Carts in Lake Sumter Landing as well as next to Publix in the shopping center on 441 just outside Spanish Springs. Don't know the cost. My only complaint about their rentals is that they're all stinky, noisy gas carts. If they have any electrics, I haven't seen them.

I've found that almost all golf carts fell the same "on your butt", except those with premium seat upgrades. None of the rentals are so equipped that I've seen.

One thing you should do in renting is not make any moves on the town squares during the nightly music that might be interpreted by the powers-that-be as a rain dance. None of the rentals come equipped with rain enclosures.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:43 AM

Nanci's question and many other questions asked here on this website are all very important to the new person unfamiliar with the "ins and outs" of TV. That being said, I cannot emphasize enough the value of scanning the Village Sun newspaper available on line. The on line version is not all inclusive, but it does allow one to see many available services in the area. I'm sure once you read the local edition on the morning of your arrival, it will become your everyday bible, to whats going on, when and where. Last I knew it was available by mail for $48.00 per month. I subscribed to it the month before I closed and when I arrived I had some clue as to where to turn.
Golf cart rentals are available in Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs at The Villages Golf Cart Sales Store. $ 15.00 per day or $75.00 week comes to mind. Don't quote me I'm doing this from memory. There are many other golf cart rental places also, some even by local Villagers. The ones i rented from the Village Store were all gas and SLOW (14 max). The ride in a golf car is not the equivalent of a Lexus trust me on this one.
Where was this web site when I bought down here wow you newbies got it easy.
Handie :joke:
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Veteran member

It would be interesting to read the creative things people do to make their carts more comfortable!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You should be able to find something in the $75 per week range for a speedy electric through a Villages resident, check the classifieds in the Daily Sun.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Veteran member

For the rental or purchase of a used golf cart I would call Jim Followell at cell 317-258-1241 or home 352-259-7525. He rents carts that go faster than the ones The Villages rents and his all have side curtains also which The Villages carts don't have. He also has 4 seat carts. Good person to work with.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 AM

ALL THE ABOVE REPLIES JUST GOES TO SHOW EVERYONE WHAT THIS SITE IS FOR. A QUESTION WAS ASKED ON GOLF CARTS AND MANY RESPONSES CAME TO THEM. THE PERSON FOUND OUT APPROXIMATE PRICING ALONG WITH PHONE NUMBERS.. AS MENTIONED IN OTHER THREADS THERE MAY BE SOME NEGATIVE ISSUES THAT ARE BROUGHT UP BUT MOSTLY IT IS ALL OF US JUST LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT INFORMATION. WAY TO GO JAN FOR STARTING THIS WEB SITE. TAKE CARE THE KAR GUY
Old 08-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

The rental carts at the Villages store at Sumter are about $90 for a week. They're Yamaha gas models, very basic and pretty slow. No side curtains so you will get wet if it rains.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Sage

Thanks for the info Indy - I'm keeping that name and number in my contacts!

Northern RI 1957-1989
Norton, MA 1989 - 2012
Village of Buttonwood 2012 to ?

"That's just my opinion - I might be wrong" Dennis Miller
Closed Thread