Window Treatment Recommendations

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Gold member
Default Window Treatment Recommendations

My wife has finally decided to upgrade our house from an Amish house to a house with curtains or window treatments. Just wondering whether anyone here has had either good or bad experiences with people that do this type of work?

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 07-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

My experience has been wonderful. The person who makes them does an outstanding job at a very cheap price. Drinks a little to much wine sometimes, but what the hey. But then again I make my own.

Seriously, they are very easy to do and the fabric from the remnant section is very low cost. You can use a machine at some of the fabric stores or I just bought a low cost Brother machine at Costco for about $90. I have made them all for all 3 houses, and by buying the fabric, I covered the dining room chairs to match, made some matching throw pillows, and am now going to do matching place mats. And I never sewed before in my life, so take on a challenge and try it.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Default blinds

I used 48 hour blinds 7 years ago and they still look like new. Never a problem and GREAT prives.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
My wife has finally decided to upgrade our house from an Amish house to a house with curtains or window treatments. Just wondering whether anyone here has had either good or bad experiences with people that do this type of work?

John
John, my dear wife outfitted the whole house with window treatments while I shouted encouragement from my recliner prior to my afternoon nap. My unbiased opinion is that she did a great job and I would definitely use her again
Skip 2
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.