Home Inspector Needed

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Default Home Inspector Needed

Need recommendation for a home inspector to evaluate/report before one year expiration. Any service that was comprehensive with a written report, specific details, photos, etc.....

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-ri View Post
Need recommendation for a home inspector to evaluate/report before one year expiration. Any service that was comprehensive with a written report, specific details, photos, etc.....

Thanks for the feedback!
We used Comer - 352-255-4258 - and received a detailed report in a spiralled 8.5x11 booklet and it had all the elements you've mentioned. You'll have to call for the cost as ours was done a year ago January.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

another vote for tom comer! he does a great job! and he is not affiliated with the villages!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback!
Tom Comer did ours. Good job, reasonable cost. Will provide all you stated and transmit electronically to Warranty Dept.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Just as a Heads-Up for anyone and everyone planning to use a Home Inspector, a recent change in Florida law now requires that Home Inspectors be licensed by the State of Florida. Be sure to check out their license status through the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR). You can check on the internet at DBPR: Home Page.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Comer is licensed. Here is his information:

Name:COMER, THOMAS LEE JR
Main Address:PO BOX 7
FRUITLAND PARK Florida 34731
County:LAKE
License Type:Home Inspector/Home Insp
License Number:HI71
Licensure Date:07/28/2010
Expires:07/31/2012
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Default home inspections

hello
Ted Suda is and outstanding home inspector. He also has his own construction company and also does work for Massey termites revocations. his email is ted@jazinspection.com his phone # is 352-551-7675 or 352-314-9431. I have trusted and used him for all my home improvements and updates since 2006. He has come highly recommended from Sumter building county and my home watch company.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Default Comer Inspection Services

I used Tom Comer from Comer Inspection Servces. He did a great job. He was on time, very knowledgeable, very thorough and his price was reasonable. I couldn't believe just how thorough he was. He didn't miss a thing and once I got his report it was as thorough as he was, easy to understand and included pictures to help illustrate the issues he discovered. Tom was very easy to work with. You could ask him questions and he had good answers. I would highly recommend Tom. Phone number is 352/ 323-5715
Old 03-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Veteran member

We used LABPro Inspections, Lon Barnaby. Have used him twice now and are happy with his services. His phone # 352-552-0610. He is a licensed Florida Structural Engineer and licensed Florida Home Inspector.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:35 PM

I just used Tom Comer this afternoon and was very much satisfied. He was extremely thorough. I would definitely recommend him.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455

Another recommendation is Ron Roosa from Lake county home inspections very good!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Just as a Heads-Up for anyone and everyone planning to use a Home Inspector, a recent change in Florida law now requires that Home Inspectors be licensed by the State of Florida. Be sure to check out their license status through the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR). You can check on the internet at DBPR: Home Page.
This is great information
Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback!
We used A-1 Villages Home Inspections Pat Deglola 352-205-018- ncell he is a Villager--very professional and reliable--also very reasonable price
Old 02-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Default home inspectors

You may also want to check with the Villages to make sure they are an approved home inspector for the Villages- many are not on their list-
The Village Home Inspector is on their approved list- 352-446-5028 and he uses an infra red camera as part of his inspections.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:55 PM

I used Housemasters and was there both times I bought a house in The Villages. I was VERY impressed with the thoroughness. I received a booklet and a CD with info and the re-inspect was done to verify that problems had been corrected. I also sold a house and the buyer used a different inspector. I happened to stop by the house not knowing that the inspector would be there and I was not at all impressed. He missed a few minor things. Housemasters missed nothing. They warned in the 2nd house I bought that the heat pump system was very old and I couldn't expect it to last a whole lot longer. It didn't (lasted about 4 months) but it helped to know that ahead of time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.