Honest auto repair...thank you totv!

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Default Honest auto repair...thank you totv!

Brought my car in to Acurso auto yesterday for an oil change/much due routine check up.....Ended up being told I needed to replace the timing chain, water pump, etc for an estimate of $1,016 PLUS 8 hours of work AND that I needed new 4 new tires..I live and work in the Villages...COMMUTING a whopping 4.8 miles a day!........THANKS TO TOTV, my husband took my car for a 2nd opinion to Michaels Auto Repair, 307 N Villa Ave, Fruitland Park, Fla 34731
(352) 365-2955

I also called Hyundai Customer Service and was told the same as Michael's; the timing chain should last the life of the engine to see the service manual..Michael's did not agree any of the service listed was needed....guess where we will go for all future service??
Old 02-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Veteran member

I, too, have had great experiences with Michael's. Honest and reasonably priced!
Old 02-13-2016, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfierle View Post
I, too, have had great experiences with Michael's. Honest and reasonably priced!
Will be going back to Michael's after my warranty has expired!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-13-2016, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Where is Michaels? I will be looking for good honest service, as I have recently had problems with the Ford dealer.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Where is Michaels? I will be looking for good honest service, as I have recently had problems with the Ford dealer.
Michael's is located in Fruitland Park at 307 N. Vine Ave. Take 466a and head east. N. Vine Ave. is the first right past the intersection of 25a. If you get to 441/27, you have gone too far. You can't miss Michael's since it is the big blue building on the left just after you turn on to N. Vine Ave.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:21 AM
Platinum member
Default Another Great One

Tri-County on 441 by Lowe's is another honest and reliable one. I had my car towed there thinking the engine was about to blow because of the awful sounds. I was expecting the worst. They said that the only problem was the oil was not the right one, changed it to what it needed to be, and the noise was no more. Since I know so much about cars, they could have told me anything and I would not have known any different. Thank goodness, that is not how they conduct their business.

I had my oil changed there the other day, (they check everything) and the guy told me that whenever I got back from my trip that weekend I would probably need to see about having the tires rotated and balanced. No rush and assured me that I would be fine for my short weekend trip. Everything else, great.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 02-14-2016, 10:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Michael's is located in Fruitland Park at 307 N. Vine Ave. Take 466a and head east. N. Vine Ave. is the first right past the intersection of 25a. If you get to 441/27, you have gone too far. You can't miss Michael's since it is the big blue building on the left just after you turn on to N. Vine Ave.
Good directions, except it's N. Villa, not N. Vine.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks to the users of TOTV for the supportive comments and assistance to your neighbors!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

OP, please post your review on google so that others won't be taken by Accurso. So far they only have 1 review.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
I saw the later post on the road name, but thank you very much for getting back to me. I will keep them in mind.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Tri-County on 441 by Lowe's is another honest and reliable one. I had my car towed there thinking the engine was about to blow because of the awful sounds. I was expecting the worst. They said that the only problem was the oil was not the right one, changed it to what it needed to be, and the noise was no more. Since I know so much about cars, they could have told me anything and I would not have known any different. Thank goodness, that is not how they conduct their business.

I had my oil changed there the other day, (they check everything) and the guy told me that whenever I got back from my trip that weekend I would probably need to see about having the tires rotated and balanced. No rush and assured me that I would be fine for my short weekend trip. Everything else, great.

Ok, I got to ask? How did the wrong oil get into the engine?
Old 02-14-2016, 07:06 PM

Michael's is the best. I highly recommend him. He will talk with you and make sure you understand what is really needed and won't try to run the bill up.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:06 AM

I recently had a very positive experience at Fruitland Park Auto Repair where I had brake service on my Honda Accord. This as a family owned and operated business and I left there believing I got honest service at a very fair price. Their address: 2780 US Hwy 441/27 and their telephone number is 352-315-0303.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 02-24-2016, 09:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Accu Tech on 301 in Oxford is also a good place to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
Brought my car in to Acurso auto yesterday for an oil change/much due routine check up.....Ended up being told I needed to replace the timing chain, water pump, etc for an estimate of $1,016 PLUS 8 hours of work AND that I needed new 4 new tires..I live and work in the Villages...COMMUTING a whopping 4.8 miles a day!........THANKS TO TOTV, my husband took my car for a 2nd opinion to Michaels Auto Repair, 307 N Villa Ave, Fruitland Park, Fla 34731
(352) 365-2955

I also called Hyundai Customer Service and was told the same as Michael's; the timing chain should last the life of the engine to see the service manual..Michael's did not agree any of the service listed was needed....guess where we will go for all future service??
Old 02-24-2016, 11:04 AM
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post

I had a bad experience with Tri-County. Quoted me one price and charged another when time to pickup car.
Got blasted on this site when I mentioned it. But the truth is the truth. Maybe I caught them on a bad day, but I would not go back.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, needed, auto, timing, totv, work, chain, repair, told, michaels, car, customer, ave, villa, hyundai, fruitland, 365-2955, fla, park, called, guess, listed, future, agree, life

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.