House inspector

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Default House inspector

I need the name of a good inspector for house warranty issues. Any suggestions?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Gant View Post
Tom Comer is very good.

Comer Inspection Services, Inc.
Tom Comer

Phone: Fax: (352) 323-5715 or
Fax: 866-558-3317
Email: tom@comerinspections.com
I agree
Old 03-08-2013, 07:08 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Tom Comer is an excellent inspector and a good friend. I would not hesitate to refer him to anyone.

I know, and am humbled by the fact he has also given me the same compliment. We are both ASHI Certified Home Inspectors. Many Inspectors out there do not have that level of accreditation.

My typical Home warranty Inspection takes about 3 hours. I walk the roof, check the attic area, and check all utilities, like the electrical panel box, A/C unit, appliances, plumbing, the fit and finish of cabinetry, tilework, etc. I also of course check the exterior of the home including the sprinkler system.

Within 24 hours of the inspection, almost always that same day you will get a very professional looking, easy to read and understand report complete with many pictures. I also send a summary report directly to The Villages warranty Department that same day so they can schedule repairs, etc, right away. They are very used to my reports and the process goes well without the homeowner having to do much of anything except answer the phone when they call you.

If I can help you in any way with your Warranty issues, please feel free to call me at 352-250-7818.

You can also visit my website at www. DangeloInspections .com
D'Angelo Inspections LLC | Serving The Villages, Leesburg, Clermont, and Surrounding Areas 352-250-7818

Respectfully, Frank D'Angelo
Old 03-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
Tom Comer is an excellent inspector and a good friend. I would not hesitate to refer him to anyone.

I know, and am humbled by the fact he has also given me the same compliment. We are both ASHI Certified Home Inspectors. Many Inspectors out there do not have that level of accreditation.

My typical Home warranty Inspection takes about 3 hours. I walk the roof, check the attic area, and check all utilities, like the electrical panel box, A/C unit, appliances, plumbing, the fit and finish of cabinetry, tilework, etc. I also of course check the exterior of the home including the sprinkler system.

Within 24 hours of the inspection, almost always that same day you will get a very professional looking, easy to read and understand report complete with many pictures. I also send a summary report directly to The Villages warranty Department that same day so they can schedule repairs, etc, right away. They are very used to my reports and the process goes well without the homeowner having to do much of anything except answer the phone when they call you.

If I can help you in any way with your Warranty issues, please feel free to call me at 352-250-7818.

You can also visit my website at www. DangeloInspections .com
D'Angelo Inspections LLC | Serving The Villages, Leesburg, Clermont, and Surrounding Areas 352-250-7818

Respectfully, Frank D'Angelo

I have read this mans posts on this forum for years now, before he moved to the area full time and became a home inspector here. I have commented on this forum that I wish he and his wife were near neighbors, he is an intelligent and fine person and someone after reading his thoughtful posts on many subjects I respect very much.... and one that I would quickly call on for his services.

Some of you may remember his posts as "Faithful Frank".
Old 03-08-2013, 04:43 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Gracie,
As always, your graciousness has brightened my day. I know meeting you in person would be the highpoint of my day, and it is indeed on my "bucket list" to do so.

I am in The Villages almost daily, and DO plan on attending one of the monthly TOTV get togethers in the near future, just to meet many of you good folks here. Even though I do not live in The Villages, being both a long-time poster here and ad sponsor I believe it would be alright to do so.

Thank you for the kind words......have a blessed weekend!

Frank D'Angelo
Old 03-09-2013, 07:05 AM

Thank you all for your input i will consider all.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Sage

Frank, what is the typical cost of such an inspection, I think if folks knew that it would be helpful.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Hi jimbo,

The cost could very a bit, based on square footage, if the home is "on slab" or has a crawlspace, is a manufactured home, etc......but for this thread we'll assume it is a typical on slab, one story ranch type home in The Villages.

I of course cannot speak for other inspectors. I have heard costs from as little as $150.00 to the $300.00 range.

I know I'm not the lowest, and I'm not the highest. The warranty inspection I did yesterday for some very nice folks in The Villages was $250.00

The bigger question is what you are getting for that inspection. I saw another inspector the other day at a home doing an inspection. He was there just under one hour. I personally walk on the roof inspecting it, crawl through the attic and check everything else inside and outside including the sprinkler system. I cannot do that in one hour.

My inspections usually take about 3 hours, and if there are many issues, or if the homeowner has a lot of questions, (which I never mind), it could even take longer. I then go back to my office and spend about an hour or so writing the report. The result is a full color report with many pictures that is easy to read and understand. I of course send that report directly to The Villages warranty department.

Warranty inspections actually take a bit longer, because you are also looking for many cosmetic issues not normally found on a "new buyer" inspection. You would be surprised the drywall issues one finds when shining a $150.00 flashlight a certain way on every wall.

Warranty inspections are important because they are usually the last time you have to have something fixed without involving your wallet. A quick, inexpensive inspection could risk missing something that afterwards could cost you much more then the difference between inspection costs.

I hope that helps! I apologize for the long post. Have a blessed, wonderful weekend!

Frank D'Angelo, ACI
Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Sage

That's a fair cost.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:40 AM

How far in advance of the one year period expiration should one have the home inspection? Thanks! Lark
Old 03-11-2013, 06:51 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Dear Lark,
Folks may have different opinions on this, but I think the best time is to have the inspection around 4-6 weeks prior to your 1 year anniversary. This gives you optimum time to find issues, but enough time to get them taken care of within the warranty period.

As to booking that inspection, some Inspectors get booked up a few weeks in advance, perhaps longer if vacations, continuing education conferences, etc are scheduled.

I would attempt to book an inspection no later then 6-8 weeks before your one year date. I like to do them about one month prior to that date. Other Inspectors may have different opinions.

I forward the report directly to the Warranty Dept, and they usually call you within 24 hours of getting that report to start scheduling the needed repairs.

Hope that helps!

Frank D'Angelo, ACI
Old 03-11-2013, 07:01 AM

Thanks Frank! I will pencil in a date to call. Lark
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.