Hydraulic Lift in Garage

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2015, 07:42 AM
Default Check out Versa Lift

Check out Versa Lift for attic storage.

Versa Lift - Attic Storage Lifting System
Old 01-26-2015, 10:53 AM

So, now the sky is falling? Does anybody know what attic load specifications were considered in the design of "Designer" houses? Would hate to be "set-up" for disaster because they installed a floor and lighting up there. Possible liability considerations?
Old 01-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Sage

Romac will have the engineering drawings on file for your home. Not sure if you would need section/lot# or some purchase order info (which warranty would certainly have access to.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:55 AM

I talked to a contractor who installs them, the versa lift is what he recommends. We buy it, he installs. Our new house has headroom for my husband who is 6'2". I wanted this just for the reason one person stated, carrying boxes over your shoulder and climbing stairs, not safe in my mind. Our ceilings in the garage are 10 feet tall and that is alot to climb carrying boxes on your shoulder, like Christmas decor, seasonal stuff. Thanks everyone for the input, I think we found what we are looking for in a hydraulic lift.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:47 PM

Thanks for the info Newkid. This is a good idea and Electric is so much simpler than hydraulic for a small lift like this.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:56 PM

We had the attic prepped and pull down steps installed when we built our house here years ago. It was great for a several years, but not so much now so hubby has been arranging and rearranging our garage to move things from the attic so he doesn't have to climb so much. Three weeks ago, he was putting Christmas items on a top shelf in the garage, fell off the ladder and broke his leg. If there is such a thing as a lift that would make attic access easier I would love to know about it. Our garage is too small for Christmas decorations, tools, luggage and two cars.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.