Lanai enclosing: Screen or glass

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2017, 06:17 PM
Location: Detroit area, Da UP, 6 states and 2 countries in 21 years Army, now Duneden
Default Lanai enclosing: Screen or glass

I am planning on expanding my lanai (can only go 3 feet) and am debating whether to enclose w/glass or expand with screen directly into a birdcage. Any thoughts?
Old 02-26-2017, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic4me View Post
I am planning on expanding my lanai (can only go 3 feet) and am debating whether to enclose w/glass or expand with screen directly into a birdcage. Any thoughts?
We love our enclosed lanai but then again it is 12 x 20 and large enough for a sofa and TV and recliner. If mine was smaller I am not sure how I would feel. When we enclosed ours we put in the low E Florida tinted windows. It keeps out noise. Plus we added a bird cage off to the side. Here's a photo
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	room with rug.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	66295  
Old 03-21-2017, 11:06 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Smile

Hi my name is Karina and we would be happy to talk with you in person and help you find what you are looking for. Attached is just one of the many lanais we have done. Please feel free to call us at Windows of Central Florida for a FREE, no obligation, estimate to talk about your options. Call 352-217-8151 and let us brighten your view! Check us out on our website at: Windows of Central Florida
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1326-min.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	66957  
Old 03-22-2017, 05:56 AM

Glass or plexiglass? Glass makes the lanai count as increased living space with a corresponding increase in property tax.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpilot View Post
Glass or plexiglass? Glass makes the lanai count as increased living space with a corresponding increase in property tax.
That is not true. If you remove the sliders between the house and lanai it becomes taxable space but not if you leave them. It has nothing to do with glass or acrylic.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Closed Thread

Tags
lanai, screen, expand, w/glass, enclose

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.