Recommendation for Carpet Cleaning Company?

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Default Recommendation for Carpet Cleaning Company?

Anyone have a recommendation for a good carpet cleaning company? I've been told that "steam" cleaning is the best. I've always used my home steam vac but it's not really steam-more like hot water and the Florida dirt just doesn't seem to come out as well. Would welcome suggestions. Thanks
Old 07-18-2013, 12:01 PM

Heaven's Best gets my vote. 352-342-2224
Old 07-18-2013, 02:03 PM

Always get good results with Stanley Steamer.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:02 PM

Eco Power Carpet Cleaning did my carpet and I couldn't believe the amount of time they took just to pre-clean it before they actually cleaned it. Scott and Carla Brown are the owners and they do a wonderful job. If you have any questions, just pm me. I was over the top impressed!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:29 AM

Might be clean, but very expensive. Had them do our traffic areas...when they got here they said it was more sq footage and wanted more money. Wouldn't complete the job...they weren't even half through...until we gave them a check for the higher amount. The invoice they brought in from the car didn't have the quoted price printed on it even though the rest of the invoice was fully filled in. Gives you the impression that this bait and switch on the price goes on quite often. Left a very bad taste in our mouths. As clean as they got it, we still would never recommend them to anyone of our friends!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Default RE:cmhmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhmom View Post
Might be clean, but very expensive. Had them do our traffic areas...when they got here they said it was more sq footage and wanted more money. Wouldn't complete the job...they weren't even half through...until we gave them a check for the higher amount. The invoice they brought in from the car didn't have the quoted price printed on it even though the rest of the invoice was fully filled in. Gives you the impression that this bait and switch on the price goes on quite often. Left a very bad taste in our mouths. As clean as they got it, we still would never recommend them to anyone of our friends!
I own Eco-Power Plus and was informed by a customer of a post requiring clarification… let me explain the events. I gave an estimate on 3 rooms (stuffed w/furniture with tight traffic lanes). I replied with our normal price. The customer then asked if we could give them a “deal” by cleaning around the furniture and addressing only the limited/narrow traffic pattern and stated “the furniture did not need to be moved." I thought well… if they don’t have the money, I’ll try to help them out. We agreed to service the narrow traffic patterns by working around the furniture, for our minimum price. On cleaning day we showed up on time, but to our surprise, the rooms were all cleared out! The area to be cleaned was now 5 times larger than our agreed upon quote. Yikes! So I fulfilled my end of the bargain by cleaning what I could do for the minimum price, shut down the equipment and informed the folks we needed to renegotiate for the rest of the house. I explained that entire rooms are not considered narrow traffic patterns. Judging from her post, it appears she still doesn’t get it. The truth is that the bait and switch was instigated by her team… not mine. It obviously backfired which is why she placed this post. We value trust and are up front and honest. This is why we give free estimates and stick to what we say we’ll do. I have no time for liars. Thank-you for your patience in allowing me to clarify.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:24 PM

I completely agree with cmhmom and would not recommend them.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dporta View Post
I completely agree with cmhmom and would not recommend them.
There are two sides to the story and the owners just posted "the rest of the story" above.

We had Eco Power do our carpets and they made them look like brand new when I thought we would replace them within a few months. Their system is exceptional for extracting the dirt, not just smearing it around and grinding it in as some chain carpet cleaning franchises do for "bargain prices".
Old 08-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Default Heaven's Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadaboutgal View Post
Anyone have a recommendation for a good carpet cleaning company? I've been told that "steam" cleaning is the best. I've always used my home steam vac but it's not really steam-more like hot water and the Florida dirt just doesn't seem to come out as well. Would welcome suggestions. Thanks
Heaven'sBest did a wonderful job for us. We are going to use them again in October. The contact name as Andrew Crowley. They have an ad on TTOV.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Sage

I always get a kick out of "free estimate". Does anybody ever pay for an estimate?
Old 08-31-2013, 06:09 AM
Sage

If you get work done by Home Depot, you pay up front for the estimate, which is then deducted from the job if they do it.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:57 AM

interesting...I am looking for a good carpet cleaner too
Old 08-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Default Absolute Carpet Cleaning

It is a family owned business, delightful to work with. They were able to get rid of a nasty stain that I thought was permanent. Their number is 753-1516
Old 09-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Thumbs up recommend EcoPower

Highly recommend Carla & Scott's Eco Power . We had a very dark traffic area that 2 or 3 different companies cleaned over 7 yrs and all told us either it's a wear pattern or its dirt so embedded nothing will get it out, we were ready to have the carpet replaced with tile or laminate . We decided to give it one last try & were stunned to have our carpet look almost new again when EcoPower finished. They may be a bit more expensive but they were here almost 5 hours and did a spectacular job. Thanks for saving us thousand in replacement costs !!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:18 AM

You should have explained the situation to the customer before you started the job. They should have been told that the price you quoted them was with the furniture in the rooms, now the price will be higher because you have more carpet to clean. At that time if they decided your price was too high you could have left. Stopping when you were not finished and then explaining that it would cost more is bad business.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.