Need closet "reworked"

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222
Default Need closet "reworked"

I live in a patio villa in Buttonwood. I need someone who can take down existing wire stuff and put up 'wood' shelves and rods. I have some ideas but would like someone who also has ideas! Does anyone know anyone?

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 11-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn222 View Post
I live in a patio villa in Buttonwood. I need someone who can take down existing wire stuff and put up 'wood' shelves and rods. I have some ideas but would like someone who also has ideas! Does anyone know anyone?
Try sending a PM to Handieman. He is a TOTV member. He used to do a lot of stuff like this. Not sure if he is still being handy.

Also, Redwitch knows a lot of good people
Old 11-21-2011, 01:31 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Try sending a PM to Handieman. He is a TOTV member. He used to do a lot of stuff like this. Not sure if he is still being handy.

Also, Redwitch knows a lot of good people
Handie just put in our water softener, so he is still going his good work.
His number is three five zero seven three seven three.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Thumbs up Handy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
Handie just put in our water softener, so he is still going his good work.
His number is three five zero seven three seven three.
Has done several jobs for us. Does good work and very reasonable.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Default closet shelves

Closets R Us-Juan and Virginia...352-255-8975...very nice work to your specifications...
Old 12-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Gold member
Default Try Buzz

We used Busby's Closets - he lives in The Villages. We thought him reasonable and professional. He cleans up after and even will touch up paint if you have it handy.

He has diagrams and options for just about all of the closets in Villages homes. He will do whatever you want, but usually knows what works best for either men, women, couples, crafts, office, etc. Plus, it's all adjustable if you change what you thought you wanted, and you can add extra bars, shelves, etc.

He runs an ad in the classified section of the Daily Sun.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:39 AM

Our neighbors had their closet installed by Tim The Tool Man and they are very happy with his work. He is installing an attic pull-down ladder system for us this week. We also plan to have our MBR closets updated with a more functional closet system after the first of the year.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 12-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Gold member

I used Custom HOme Closets 352-748-9181. Tammie was the person I dealt with. She did everything on the computer so I could see what she had planned. She listened to my ideas and we even made a change after I wanted to incorporate a dresser into one of the closets to make more room in the one small bedroom we have. I am very pleased with her work and my closets do give me a lot more storage besides hanging space.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 01-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222

I ended up using Alan Byer 352-205-7504 (AAA Handyman Services) and he did a very nice job.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 01-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Default Abshier shelving in Sumter Landing

Abshier Shelving did a great job for us. I was surprised at how reasonable they were.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Sage
Default Address for closets r us???

Anyone know the address of Closets R Us? Went to custom home closets today but also wanted to go to closets r us. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Sage
Default Abshier bad experience

Our neighbors hired Abshier to put some cabinets and storage on their garage walls and said that they are a nightmare to work with. As of today, they have been working on it for 5 weeks and the job isn't finished. They messed up on the cabinets and the home owner couldn't do as they originally planned and Abshier wouldn't fix it and then they installed the wrong cabinets. The home owner is very displeased. She wanted me to let TOTV know because she isn't on here but said she may be soon! please don't shoot me...I am just the messenger!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikitv View Post
I used Custom HOme Closets 352-748-9181. Tammie was the person I dealt with. She did everything on the computer so I could see what she had planned. She listened to my ideas and we even made a change after I wanted to incorporate a dresser into one of the closets to make more room in the one small bedroom we have. I am very pleased with her work and my closets do give me a lot more storage besides hanging space.
We second Custom Home Closets! Tammie designed our master closet and also a Murphy Bed wall unit with a drop down table for my sewing machine in our second bedroom- just awesome!!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:26 AM

Another up vote for Tammie at Custom Home Closets. They redid all our bedroom closets, pantry, linen closets, laundry room and garage. All very well designed and executed. Nice people with which to work.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Gold member

I have never owned a home with wire rack closet shelves. Can someone tell me why you would change to wood shelving? Is there a problem with function or just the look of it?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.