Recommended Contractors?

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Default T & d

Anyone have a phone # for them? We are going to put up a Bird Cage and the # listed on this thread never gets answered.
Thanks,
Billy
Old 01-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Default Phone for Quality Aluminum

The phone number for Blake at Quality Aluminum is 352-326-9090. If there isn't an answer, if you leave a voice mail, he will get back to you. We are still pleased with our birdcage.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Wink

T & D enclosed our lanai with glass sliders. It was seamless from start to finish. I can't say enough good things. The price was reasonable, and the work was top notch. Jim, our construction supervisor, was here every step of the way. They showed up when they said, and the work was finished on schedule. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Nancy
Old 01-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Founder

At the top of this page is a large ad for Jerome's General Contractors.. He has been a sponsor of this forum for two years. He has a long long list of satisfied customers.

It is advertisers like Jerome's that keep this forum up and running. We highly suggest that our members patronize as many sponsors as possible. At least get an estimate from them.

JLK
Old 01-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
At the top of this page is a large ad for Jerome's General Contractors.. He has been a sponsor of this forum for two years. He has a long long list of satisfied customers.

It is advertisers like Jerome's that keep this forum up and running. We highly suggest that our members patronize as many sponsors as possible. At least get an estimate from them.

JLK
We are in the process of getting a quote from Jerome. While I obviously can't comment on workmanship, etc. at this point in the process, I can comment on the bid process, which is outstanding. Jerome first came to our house (exactly on time) and listened to what our general ideas were. He came back 2 days later with a person skilled in Computer Aided Design. He had developed a 3D drawing on the laptop of our project that allowed us to visualize exactly what it would look like. We were able to on the spot work with them and change window sizes, placement and styles and immediately see what it would look like. When we had finally had a design that we were happy with, Jerome took all the new information and we know that his quote will be based on exactly what we want. We've had several other contractors out for a quote and no one (including T&D) provided such a service. I was impressed with his professionalism. If he can come up with a quote within our budget, we'll almost certainly go with him.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg View Post
Anyone have a phone # for them? We are going to put up a Bird Cage and the # listed on this thread never gets answered.
Thanks,
Billy

Here's a link for another phone number I found for T & D:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-14679777...d-the-villages

Bill
Old 01-23-2011, 10:02 PM

Anyone have experience with Elite Lifestyles? Thanks
Old 01-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekdk92 View Post
Anyone have experience with Elite Lifestyles? Thanks
Two years ago my siser in a CYV extended her lanai into a full-season roon with glass and a separate air conditioner. She used Elite and was completely satisfied with the job. Elite was not the cheapest but in hindsight, my sister has said that she'd use them again.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Blackburn Construction is wonderful. We had our lanai enclosed with glass doors and the total job took only 3 weeks. They are very reliable, very reasonable and easy to get when you need to talk to someone.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Elite lifestyles does offer a quality product...but from my experience and by talking to others, you wil pay at least 2-3 times what another contractor can offer.

NJ Blue..glad you had a good experience with Jeromes...we had bids from them and what turned me off was when the estimator... when pressed for details on the type of construction they would use... all he would say is we will build to code or better. Everyone will tell you that but few will explain what that means. We did not like the fact that they originally were planning to use the old aluminum frames (from the screened in lanai) to install new glass windows. They finally changed the estimate but only after being questioned about the framing process...and we al know that the window amy be able to withstand 110 mph winds but if the frames are not properly prepared to hold the windows......you have a disaster on your hands.

Look when you get 3-4 estimates for a job.....it all comes down to Recommended contractors PLUS and MORESO who do you have a good feeling about. Its not always the lowest price and to be honest with you I would never suggest someone slect a contractor based on Lowest price....but the price should be reasonable and in the ballpark of others.

REPUTATION...is what its all about !!!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Sage

Jerome's has done several large jobs for us. He is honest, fair and does a great job. Many of you totv'rs have been to my home and have seen his work. I would use his company again.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Action Aluminum in Orlando built our new birdcage (irregular shape) and completed the job in two days. Very professional and good work.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevie View Post
We intend to expand our Lanai and have a screen room, (birdcage) built. Can anyone recommend reliable contractors? We are thinking about Randa Services, T & A Construction, or Gingerich Construction. Thanks.
We've used Whites Aluminum for two birdcages and one glassed lanai. We've been happy with their work.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Veteran member

As a TOTV member, I did call Jerome's. In total, we had 4 estimates. Jerome's was twice as much as the cheapest bid and 1/3 more than the T&D bid. We were called every day by Jerome's to remind us that the bid was only good for 30 days from the date of the estimate and that there were not many more open days left! We were not given the laptop presentation and felt that our questions were not answered to our satisfaction. We were also told that they would build to code, so not to worry. T&D answered all questions to our satisfaction so we went with them even though they were not the lowest bid. We are extremely satisfied with the work and would highly recommend them as we had an overall good experience with them.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Smile Bathroom Changes . . .

Does anyone have experience with change the guest bathrooms to have a jetted tub instead of a regular one? I am so amazed that all the designer homes don't offer a bathroom with both a shower and soaking tub (with jetted tub option). Almost every single other 55+ housing community seems to understand the concept of a spa bathroom at any level. We're looking at Stoneybrook Villas and also Jasmine or Begonia in the designer homes.

Would love to know if anyone has done this, approximate costs, and who you're contractor was.

Lee and Richard
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.