Recommended Contractors?

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Gold member

Despite the many glowing reviews of T&D, I must say that I am very disappointed in how they are bidding (or rather, not bidding) our project. We had them (the additions/birdcage people, not the pool and spa part of T&D) come out 2 1/2 weeks ago on a Wednesday. We were told that he would work on the quote and get it to us by Friday or first thing the next week. As of the following Wednesday, I still had heard nothing so I called. I was told that the glass company had not yet responded with what a particular window would cost and that they would email the company and find out what was taking so long. The following Wednesday I called again, they said they still hadn't heard from the glass company. I asked if they could give me their quote for everything but that window and just provide their estimate for upper and lower bound for the window. They said they would. I'm still waiting.

For a company that has received so many rave reviews, I can't understand the lack of professionalism on their part in getting a quote to me and communicating with me the reason for any delays. If it weren't for the positive reviews I've heard about them, I would have scratched them from the list of contenders long ago.

Has anyone else had this problem with them? How about once they start a job? Do they give you a run around about getting it completed in a reasonable time frame?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
Despite the many glowing reviews of T&D, I must say that I am very disappointed in how they are bidding (or rather, not bidding) our project. We had them (the additions/birdcage people, not the pool and spa part of T&D) come out 2 1/2 weeks ago on a Wednesday. We were told that he would work on the quote and get it to us by Friday or first thing the next week. As of the following Wednesday, I still had heard nothing so I called. I was told that the glass company had not yet responded with what a particular window would cost and that they would email the company and find out what was taking so long. The following Wednesday I called again, they said they still hadn't heard from the glass company. I asked if they could give me their quote for everything but that window and just provide their estimate for upper and lower bound for the window. They said they would. I'm still waiting.

For a company that has received so many rave reviews, I can't understand the lack of professionalism on their part in getting a quote to me and communicating with me the reason for any delays. If it weren't for the positive reviews I've heard about them, I would have scratched them from the list of contenders long ago.

Has anyone else had this problem with them? How about once they start a job? Do they give you a run around about getting it completed in a reasonable time frame?
I believe that it was T&D that was working on our street today installing a birdcage. I can't imagine they would work on a Sunday unless they were swamped with projects or fallen behind because of the weather. I wonder if this could explain why you're experiencing what you are? Just wondering!
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Default D & J Construction contact info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeybabe View Post
D and J Construction! they did our lanai and birdcage.have referred them to others in our area....all are satisfied!!!! check them out....they do their own work.no subcontractors!
Does anyone have a phone number or other contact info for D & J Construction? Thank you.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post

They quoted me quickly and started the job on time with no money down and completed the job as scheduled. I am not in TV but my property manager said the job looks good and appears to be completed. I e-mailed them over the weekend and they responded this morning indicating they would bill me as soon as they had the building inspectors sign off. We will see it next weekend when we are in TV. Will update this after I arrive.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Smile

I would recommend Mark Cook Builders 352-435-4584
Old 05-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklesweep View Post
Does anyone have a phone number or other contact info for D & J Construction? Thank you.
Here's their web site: http://dnjconstructionllc.com/

Hope that helps!

Bill
Old 06-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Location: Utica, New York, Plantation, Florida, The Villages, Florida
Default We Agree, Quality Aluminum was the BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitam View Post
We just had our birdcage done with extensive concrete work. Blake, who has Quality Aluminum, couldn't have been better. He had multiple suggestions of what would and wouldn't work. He suggested moving gutters and was really great in knowing what would work in our irregular CY villa lot. We love it!! We couldn't be happier with the job that Blake and Quality Aluminum did. No down payment and pymt only when the job was complete and we were happy. Nothing had to be redone....except adding a doggie door!!! I could not recommend him more highly. Great job and very, very pleased!!!!!
We just used Quality Aluminum to add a birdcage and he did an excellent job. Payment was made when job was completed with no down payment required. Workmanship and material used was excellent and job was completed in two days. I highly recommend Blake and his company.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Thumbs up Randa recommendation

Randy did our birdcage and the concrete work along with new screening on our lanai. He was professional, reliable and did great work!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.