Sheet Metal Fabricator Needed

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2016, 06:49 AM
Default Sheet Metal Fabricator Needed

Looking for a local metal fabricator/job shop that can make a small (102" long x 4" wide") awning to protect a tile wall art on my lanai wall. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2016, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

I am guessing that a section of rain gutter would not be appropriate? Home depot has a PVC crown molding that looks very nice, I have this in our lanai. There are several sources for the PVC crown molding, a Google search will get you additional information. The reason I suggest PVC is that any iron based may rust in the future, and aluminum based can be very difficult to paint (special techniques, primers, etc.). Also, if you are just looking for a simple flat piece, mounted at an angle, you might find a piece of vinyl siding, with 2 or 3 angular supports.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:28 AM
Platinum member

Gene has a 10' brake and can easily handle your project.

A & G Repair 14555 SE 70th Avenue Rd Summerfield, FL Welding - MapQuest
Old 11-21-2016, 10:37 AM

Appreciate both responses and will contact A & G as I want it out of metal to hide the LED strip lighting I'm adding. The vinyl need too many supports and the gutter matrerial will spoil the astectics I'm looking for. Thanks again as I can always find good responses to my inquires.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:22 PM

Thought it might be helpful for others to know that after several weeks of contacting several Sheet metal fab shops, I found one that was terrific to deal with. Tom (the owner) of Florida Metal Craft of Winter Garden, a business that has been in business for over 85 years, looked at my emailed sketch and walked me though the quote. The price was great and the finished product was just what I was looking for.

If anyone ever has a need or want of a metal fabricated piece, I strongly recommend Tom and his crew to get what you want at a very reasonable price and with a very good lead time.

Florida Metal Craft, Inc
47 S Dillard St.
Winter Haven, FL 34777
info@floridametalcraft.com
Old 02-22-2017, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

cmfjr,
Thank you for the follow-up on this, glad you found a metal shop and for sharing this information.
VT

Tags
wall, metal, protect, awning, wide

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.