Sprinkler Repair...Jim Baumgartner

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Default Sprinkler Repair...Jim Baumgartner

We recently became aware of a spike in our irrigation water usage. We gave Jim a call (352-504-2317) and he arrived on time and tuned up our sprinklers. What a GREAT experience. Jim is a pleasure to do business with. No attempt to sell something we didn't need. He replaced 3 leaking sprinklers and a broken rain sensor. Also reprogrammed our timer which was coming on 30% more than needed! Thank you, Jim, for a great job at a fair price!

Last edited by n8xwb; 09-16-2014 at 02:22 PM. Reason: typo add phone number
Old 09-16-2014, 11:04 AM

We've used Jim also - excellent service! Don't hesitate to call on him.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Sage

Jim is knowledgeable and inexpensive. Charged me $150 and Massey wanted $550.

I personally, would only call Jim for a sprinkler system problem!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-17-2014, 06:52 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

TV is lucky to have Jim!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:11 AM

I agree with everything the previous posters have written about Jim Baumgartner (352-504-2317). He inspected my system, made some adjustments and repairs, and patiently explained everything to me. All of this at a reasonable price.

I can't imagine having a better experience fixing sprinkler problems. You will not regret having him work at your home.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:49 PM

I concur. Great guy and he knows the lawn sprinkler business.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Yesterday, I needed someone to check out my sprinklers and to check to see if I had set the control box incorrectly. I did a search on TOTV for "sprinklers" and based on the recommendations I read I called Jim Baumgartner. He said he would be here at 9:30 this morning, and he was right on time. He showed me that I had programmed the system incorrectly and was running a couple of different programs when I thought I was only running one program. That explained my high water bills. He fixed it in a few minutes and explained the rest of the system to me. At the end of all this, he only charged me a small nominal amount. I agree with the above posters, and recommend him highly. He is on time, fair and honest, and very knowledgable.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Default Experience with Jim Baumgartner

Jim just left my house. I would and have recommend him to anyone who needs sprinkler repairs. He is honest, punctual and very efficient. He showed up on time, fixed my problem and found a few other simple inexpensive issues as well. The quality of his work is superb.
I found his name here on TOTV.
I love the fact that we can come here and see others experience. Word of mouth beats any advertisement.
I told him he doesn't have to advertise, he gets enough here. My neighbor took his card with him and if anyone wants an honest, efficient sprinkler repairman, take this name and number down.
His cards even has his home address on them, can't beat that. He is a Villages resident, but doesn't go outside of The Villages anymore for work; doesn't have to.

Jim Baungartner
352-504-2317

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
We recently became aware of a spike in our irrigation water usage. We gave Jim a call (352-504-2317) and he arrived on time and tuned up our sprinklers. What a GREAT experience. Jim is a pleasure to do business with. No attempt to sell something we didn't need. He replaced 3 leaking sprinklers and a broken rain sensor. Also reprogrammed our timer which was coming on 30% more than needed! Thank you, Jim, for a great job at a fair price!
Old 10-13-2014, 05:34 PM

Jim is the best!!!! Charged me 1/10th of what a major company wanted!!! He was so informative and helpful. Highly recommend him!!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsling View Post
Jim just left my house. I would and have recommend him to anyone who needs sprinkler repairs. He is honest, punctual and very efficient. He showed up on time, fixed my problem and found a few other simple inexpensive issues as well. The quality of his work is superb.
I found his name here on TOTV.
I love the fact that we can come here and see others experience. Word of mouth beats any advertisement.
I told him he doesn't have to advertise, he gets enough here. My neighbor took his card with him and if anyone wants an honest, efficient sprinkler repairman, take this name and number down.
His cards even has his home address on them, can't beat that. He is a Villages resident, but doesn't go outside of The Villages anymore for work; doesn't have to.

Jim Baungartner
352-504-2317
I totally agree with all you wrote. Jim did a lot of sprinkler repairs for me 12/15/2014, which included replacing two valves and numerous heads. I thought the price was reasonable.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Veteran member

All I can add to what has been said above is, Amen, Amen and Amen!! He was at my place a few days ago and will remain my "go-to-guy" for all of my sprinkler needs in the future!!

I *highly* recommend Jim!!

Last edited by tedquick; 01-15-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Veteran member

He's great...on-time, courteous, knows his stuff.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:09 PM

Based on all the praise here I called Jim this morning. Dad's sprinkler system has been cycling more than once. His neighbors thought they fixed it; I followed youtube videos and removed "B" and "C" settings but it still wasn't fixed. I left a message this morning and he called me back within an hour. Over the phone he walked me through fixing it. Too many times were probably programmed into it. I am going to run it tonight and if it is not running when Dad goes for his walk in the morning then it is fixed. Jim is willing to come out if that doesn't work.

I have to say it was a pleasure talking to him. The fact that he was willing to try a fix over the phone was very impressive. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or use his services.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:01 AM

I had Jim out to my place last week and he did a very thorough and excellent job of adjusting and fixing some of my sprinkler heads. He also took a great deal of his time to familiarize me with the working of my irrigation system and provided assistance with how much water my plants and palms needed. He is extremely knowledgable about all the above and it is obvious he enjoys his job and helping folks. He is a very fair and honest guy and will treat you right. I have his phone number saved and won't hesitate to call him in the future whenever a problem arises. Nice to have such a helpful guy around!
Old 01-15-2015, 09:47 AM
Gold member

I agree with all posters
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.