STAY AWAY FROM 1st CART RENTAL

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Default STAY AWAY FROM 1st CART RENTAL

Rented a 4 seat ,gas golf cart for a week in Dec and another one for 3 days Dec 23-26. First cart was great and very clean.( gas ) one for Dec 23-26 was delivered Dec 22,was a electric not gas and was very dirty. Was told by the owner that the gas carts were all delivered to better accounts !!! ( even though we ordered carts 4 weeks in advance.) ( also had neighbor order a cart from him for 4 days ) when questioned about electric and why not gas,he became very nasty and told us if we didn't like it he would take it back. Had too keep the cart as it was to late to get another one from a more reliable and honest dealer. Would not rent another cart from this owner as he dose not keep his word.
ADD IS LISTED IN THE DAILY SUN UNDER $$$$ 1st CART RENTAL 352-638-0351
Old 12-24-2011, 06:03 AM
Gold member

I am amazed what trivial things old people will complain about. You got a cart three days before Christmas and you complain. Take a chill pill and enjoy what life you have left.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sorry, VII, totally disagree. This wasn't get me a cart now. This was a cart ordered 30 days in advance. There's absolutely no excuse for dropping off a dirty cart, at least not with an apology and explanation there just wasn't time to clean it.

I do understand that a gas cart might go to someone who is renting for a longer time. That's reasonable. What's not reasonable is the attitude for someone in the customer service business being and not explaining nicely that there are few carts available during the holiday season and gas carts are reserved for long-term rentals (not a "better account").

And this is one of the reasons why I only recommend one of two cart rentals -- Jim Followell (always #1 in my book) and Grandma & Grandpa's. Both believe in customer service and stand behind their carts.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

i have to agree with redwitch, the villager II, this dealer would be on my don't use again list!

perhaps it is because of attitudes such as yours that dealers like this think it is okay to operate in this manner.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:36 AM

The cart rental business owner made a business decision.
He decided that he would make more money by not keeping the contract he made.
Dirty is a matter of judgement but gas or electric is not.
A complaint to the Daily Sunny might help him see the error of his ways.
I would also complain to the crimes against seniors.
He is off my list of dealers to do business with.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Veteran member

It's amazing how all kinds of decisions and judgments are made regarding vendors, restaurants, etc when only one side of the story is told with no response from the alleged wrong doer.

We don't have a clue if there was an explanation made by the vendor. I've seen plenty of exchanges with angry unreasonable "entitled" seniors in TV so I take this with a grain of salt. So you become unhappy and vent on this site. Certainly not the first, or last, time.

Sounds like the renter has "better accounts" which one could assume are happy customers? Also, renter was happy with the one week rental.

Doubt this qualifies as a "crime" against a senior. But than again one of my neighbors recently called 911 when a solicitor rang his door bell.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:08 PM

TO VILLAGE II AND BIMMERTI : Sorry that you both fell that way.we rented 30 days early and was told that we would have an gas cart in good shape.( as advertized) when we were left for a better customer at the last min.,what were we to do. plus 1st cart rental owner attitude changed 100 % from the first time we rented.( he must not had many customers the first time,so he had to have a good attitude then.) as a home owner in the villages,I have never had a owner treat the customer so rude.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
It's amazing how all kinds of decisions and judgments are made regarding vendors, restaurants, etc when only one side of the story is told with no response from the alleged wrong doer. We don't have a clue if there was an explanation made by the vendor. I've seen plenty of exchanges with angry unreasonable "entitled" seniors in TV so I take this with a grain of salt. So you become unhappy and vent on this site. Certainly not the first, or last, bell.
I tend to agree that it's good to hear both sides of a situation before deciding to boycott a business. Fireman said that there was a golf cart delivered for the three-day period. To me, it doesn't seem like a crime against a senior, to have to drive an electric cart when you prefer gas!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman04 View Post
Rented a 4 seat ,gas golf cart for a week in Dec and another one for 3 days Dec 23-26. First cart was great and very clean.( gas ) one for Dec 23-26 was delivered Dec 22,was a electric not gas and was very dirty. Was told by the owner that the gas carts were all delivered to better accounts !!! ( even though we ordered carts 4 weeks in advance.) ( also had neighbor order a cart from him for 4 days ) when questioned about electric and why not gas,he became very nasty and told us if we didn't like it he would take it back. Had too keep the cart as it was to late to get another one from a more reliable and honest dealer. Would not rent another cart from this owner as he dose not keep his word.
ADD IS LISTED IN THE DAILY SUN UNDER $$$$ 1st CART RENTAL 352-638-0351
AVOID 1st CART RENTAL (Mark 352-638-0351) I reserved a 4 seater for Sat Feb 16th 2013 for a week back in Oct, never got a cart at all and he was not a bit honest about it. Said he'd call me Sunday then he stopped answering the phone and never called.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodles View Post
AVOID 1st CART RENTAL (Mark 352-638-0351) I reserved a 4 seater for Sat Feb 16th 2013 for a week back in Oct, never got a cart at all and he was not a bit honest about it. Said he'd call me Sunday then he stopped answering the phone and never called.

You responded to a post that was over a year old.

Why would you return to a business that disappointed you once.

Welcome to the forum. Interesting first post.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.