Stellar Svcs/Service Smart Lawn Pest Svc

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Default Stellar Svcs/Service Smart Lawn Pest Svc

Does anyone use Service Smart Services?? I used Stellar for over a year and they have merged with Service Smart. I have used stellar and now am having trouble with them not showing up and when they do, they just walk around the house and leave??? Anyone having better luck?? Thanks
Old 12-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Not much. Good luck!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-13-2014, 07:01 PM

I had Stellar for 3+ yrs. & I talked them up & 4 of my neighbors & have them. NOW we WILL dump Stellar or Smart Service & get a service that U pay monthly for rather than A YEAR in ADVANCE & do a good job like the Stellar of 3 yrs. ago when Marty CARED about the customer!
Old 12-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Gold member

We had Stellar and now Service Smart - no problems yet.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Ditto here.

Let s hope things stay well....
Old 12-14-2014, 12:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbmb24101 View Post
Ditto here.
Let s hope things stay well....
We are still getting good service!
Old 12-14-2014, 06:36 PM

Terrible company, provide terrible scheduled service unless you call them constantly. There gone in a month.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
I had Stellar for 3+ yrs. & I talked them up & 4 of my neighbors & have them. NOW we WILL dump Stellar or Smart Service & get a service that U pay monthly for rather than A YEAR in ADVANCE & do a good job like the Stellar of 3 yrs. ago when Marty CARED about the customer!
When I called Stellar I could pay monthly or yearly in advance. (10% discount)

I've had them for 2 1/2 years, no problems so far.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
We've used Stellar for two years.
We have never been obligated to pay A YEAR IN ADVANCE!
We are still receiving good service from Service Smart.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:54 AM

I have had smart service for almost 2yrs. they are starting to do what stella did, drive by or stop look at lawn a little and leave. I asked worker the other day what's up [ 1st. thing he said to me was where you a stella customer, I said what does that have to do with you guys stopping off and telling me you are not going to do your job, they did service lawn , but I a have a few month's left and that is it. Lawn service companies are plenty here.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Default Stellar/Service Smart Service or Lack Thereof

We too had contracted with Stellar...paid 1 year upfront and received 2 additional months free (total of 14 months). The first 3 months were great...the next 3 or 4 were just OK...then the weeds got as high as an elephant's eye Oh My! Made the calls...the Stellar crew would arrive, walk around, pull a few, leave the slip of paper and leave 5 minutes later. Nothing for a month or so during the merger. Finally arranged with Service Smart to send a manager out to take a look. When he arrived he surveyed our property and said it was a mess and that our contract had expired, would we like to renew. I mentioned it didn't expire until the end of January. He asked to see the signed contract, which I had along with all the service slips. After review of the file he stated Stellar had not charge us enough and then asked for an additional $1,000 to continue the contract...at this time there remained 2-1/2 months of prepaid service. We politely argued our case and requested they fulfill the contract for services already paid for. The manager went to the truck to call the office. Upon his return, he stated the New Owner had just cancelled our contract effective immediately! He also stated Service Smart was dropping a large number of Stellar customers. Needless to say, we have since gone with another source.

Last edited by CB813; 12-21-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:18 PM

Us too, smart service is doing the same as stella did, stop- look- drive off or tell you you do not need this service now, why did you come?
Old 01-03-2015, 09:01 AM

If you want a couple of guys who care about what your lawn looks like and are proud of their work call Scott at Total Lawn Maintenance (352-267-2921) You pay by the month and they will use walk behind mowers if you desire.
I dumped Service Smart over a year ago and they DID want the big yearly payment (contract) up front at that time. The problems I had with them required lots of phone calls and service was spotty as was my lawn.

I highly recommend T.L.M. and his prices are very reasonable..........
Old 03-23-2015, 06:32 PM

Service Smart is terrible!!!!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:43 PM
Sage

We were with Stellar for a couple of years. We were transitioned to Service Smart when Marty sold Stellar.
Stellar never "demanded" payment a year in advance.
They would offer an incentive if payments were made in advance, but that that was never a prerequisite.
We are getting good service from Service Smart without any calls to the office.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.