Surveyer

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,129 Times in 2,241 Posts

Maryanna630.
Once you have found the stakes and property line, do what I did, lay out rulers to known fixed objects, and then take pictures. When my neighbors property was surveyed I did this, then several months later I was able to find the pins, and string the line for a new birdcage, and landscaping.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:28 PM

Thanks to all who replied. The Villages warranty department put us in touch with the survey company. We found out that our property was not surveyed and has no stakes because we paid cash rather than have a mortgage..for about 140 they will come stake it.

Who knew??
Old 10-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanna630 View Post
Thanks to all who replied. The Villages warranty department put us in touch with the survey company. We found out that our property was not surveyed and has no stakes because we paid cash rather than have a mortgage..for about 140 they will come stake it.

Who knew??
Can you post the name of the company?
That's a good price.
I also need some survey work done.
Thanks
Old 10-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,129 Times in 2,241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanna630 View Post

Who knew??
This is very interesting, as we also bought our lot (cash), and then built. I have construction photos that show survey stakes, as these are necessary to have the house placed correctly on the property. Something does not sound correct. On your circuit breaker panel, you should find a sticker with the information on who built your house. I would call them and ask about the survey.
Hope this helps.

Tags
possibly, find, months, house, price, idea, stakes, lake, deaton, unsure, lot, shaped, large, very, irregula, propert, planting, surveyer, part, oroperty, neighbor, lines, who/how

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.