Dap 33 window glazing compound

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2016, 11:42 AM
Default Dap 33 window glazing compound

I am up north and need to reglaze old windows with DAP 33 Window Glazing Compound.
When done, I want to save the rest of container and not haven't it go hard. Someone told me to put a bit of vegetable oil or something like that in it and then close the lid. Does anyone have any trick that will keep window glazing compound fresh when storing away for awhile.
Thanks
Old 05-18-2016, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I have placed saran or similar plastic wrap in the container, in close proximity or touching the compound to be saved, with enough plastic wrap to reach up to the lid. Then I put on the lid, this keeps the air away from the compound.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
I am up north and need to reglaze old windows with DAP 33 Window Glazing Compound.
When done, I want to save the rest of container and not haven't it go hard. Someone told me to put a bit of vegetable oil or something like that in it and then close the lid. Does anyone have any trick that will keep window glazing compound fresh when storing away for awhile.
Thanks
Keep it in the house instead of the garage where the temperature fluctuates. I agree with the saran wrap.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:13 PM

Thanks for the tip
Closed Thread

Tags
glazing, compound, window, dap, lid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.