paver bricks to be redone

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Default paver bricks to be redone

I have 1 inch paver brick that needs sealing and is cracking. Decided to redo it. I am looking to buy Paver bricks at right price and get an experienced young man to put in the thicker paver bricks that do not crack. I am aware of the threshold issue and also at the end of the driveway. I am just looking to buy paver bricks at good price and get is done at reasonable cost regardless of by a company or an individual. Your thoughts are welcome
Old 10-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,199 Posts

IMHO, you will probably have a problem getting an installer, when you are purchasing the material. Also the are different quality to pavers, so you will probably NOT get any warranty from the installer if you purchase the pavers.
My suggestion, do a search on pavers and you will get several threads on paver installation companies, etc. This should get you the info you need.
After reading many of these posts, we decided to have driveway coated, with shark grip so it is not slippery. We are quite pleased with the results, got a wonderful design, and no maintenance for 5 to 7 years.
Hope this helps, and good luck with your project.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
IMHO, you will probably have a problem getting an installer, when you are purchasing the material. Also the are different quality to pavers, so you will probably NOT get any warranty from the installer if you purchase the pavers.
My suggestion, do a search on pavers and you will get several threads on paver installation companies, etc. This should get you the info you need.
After reading many of these posts, we decided to have driveway coated, with shark grip so it is not slippery. We are quite pleased with the results, got a wonderful design, and no maintenance for 5 to 7 years.
Hope this helps, and good luck with your project.
I am not sure what shark grip is.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
I am not sure what shark grip is.
Shark grip is an additive (looks like very finely ground sand) that is added to the coating to give a slip resistant surface. If you just paint a drive way or garage, you end up with a skating rink when it is wet, very bad. If you add shark grip, the surface will not be slippery even when wet. I got mine from Sherwin Williams, but I am sure Lowes, Home Depot, and other paint/stain store will have this product.
I did my own garage, but had the driveway and lanai & Bridcage professionally done with the shark grip, and this has worked very well.
Hope this helps.

Tags
paver, bricks, buy, price, driveway, issue, threshold, end, good, reasonable, individual, thoughts, company, cost, aware, man, brick, sealing, cracking, inch, redone, decided, redo, thicker, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.