Repair your own Haywood Chlorinator for $5 vs $400

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2017, 01:06 PM
Default Repair your own Haywood Chlorinator for $5 vs $400

I have an Aquarite chlorine generator for my salt water pool as I'm sure many of you do. After a recent storm, mine no longer worked with the following symptoms:

- although the display worked, the power light no longer lit
- when you turned your pump on, the " no flow " lite would flash as normal and go off as flow was detected
- when flow was detected, the " generating " light came on for perhaps 5 seconds and then went off
- all the lights then remained off even though you could still read the display.

A call to the local pool company said the main circuit board was bad and needed to be replaced for about $400+ including a service call.

A search on the internet for " how to repair a Haywood glx pcb main produced a thread on the " troublefreepool.com " forum that explained how you can order the part that went bad on the circuit board and if you know how to use a soldering iron can replace it for about $5.00

Seems like this is a common problem.

I just did it and literally saved myself over $400.

So before you pick up the phone and pay the big bucks - look into this. I can provide more detailed information if there is interest.

Tbear
Closed Thread

Tags
flow, display, circuit, board, bad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.