How to find a home now the For Sale Signs have gone
Home

Menu



Notices

» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-15-2014, 08:06 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11,323
Default

What does this have to do with signs?
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.

  #32  
Old 06-16-2014, 12:39 AM
Bonanza Bonanza is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phila., Atlantic City, New York City, Puerto Rico, Pittsburgh, So. Fla., Bahamas, Louisiana, Vegas!
Posts: 2,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
it takes 2 minutes for any MLS agent to send you a complete list of every home for sale that is listed in the MLS system...probably the same with the Village agents...It's NOT a big deal!!!!!!!! Why does everyone keep trying to stir the pot? The MLS agents are upset because they are losing advertising...they WANT anyone driving through the Villages to call their company so they can get customers. As a consumer, all you have to do is pick up the phone...so simple and one heck of a lot easier than driving around looking at for sale signs. Not only will you know every house listed, you will also know the stats...number of bedrooms, baths, lot size, extras...you can narrow down your search then call the agent that was nice enough to give you the listings and ask him/her to show you properties. The homes that I have sold were almost always sold by agents that informed their clients of the availability of the home. They knew the price range and specifications that their clients were looking for and did their best to make sure the buyer was qualified to purchase. The buyers did not call off of the sign...they were given the information by their agent. Signs DO NOT sell houses...agents do. If there was a problem selling houses in The Villages it would be a completely different story but from my research it is not an issue. So you can't have a sign...get over it!!! One other thing...a Realtor is a person that has joined the National Association of Realtors and therefore can legally use that designation...it has nothing to do with the Multiple Listing Service. From what I have been told, you must have a real estate license to sell for TV and therefore I am in the process of getting mine.
Trish -- it has everything to do with the MLS.
Every agent who is a member of the Natl. Assn. of Realtors
is also a member of a local board of Realtors.
THEY are the ONLY people who can list a property
in the MLS system.
Sponsored Links
  #33  
Old 06-16-2014, 05:57 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11,323
Default

Thread from 2012...........................
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
  #34  
Old 06-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Big O Big O is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lima,OH;St.Paul,MN;Vallejo,CA;Pennsacola,FL;Fremont,OH,Naperville,IL,Sylvania,OH,Fernandina
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Trish -- it has everything to do with the MLS.
Every agent who is a member of the Natl. Assn. of Realtors
is also a member of a local board of Realtors.
THEY are the ONLY people who can list a property
in the MLS system.
Yes, that is the problem with REALTORS. They take your listing, throw it into the MLS and hope someone else sells your house. We spent a year trying to get a REALTOR to quit using open houses to sell people on other houses, etc. When we found one that would actually sell OUR house and didn't push for an open house every week, and didn't just throw it into MLS, it only took three weeks to sell it.
  #35  
Old 06-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Bonanza Bonanza is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phila., Atlantic City, New York City, Puerto Rico, Pittsburgh, So. Fla., Bahamas, Louisiana, Vegas!
Posts: 2,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O View Post
Yes, that is the problem with REALTORS. They take your listing, throw it into the MLS and hope someone else sells your house. We spent a year trying to get a REALTOR to quit using open houses to sell people on other houses, etc. When we found one that would actually sell OUR house and didn't push for an open house every week, and didn't just throw it into MLS, it only took three weeks to sell it.
No, Sir.
That is NOT the problem with Realtors!
That was the problem with that particular agent.
And if if took a year to get the Realtor to stop doing open houses,
you need to take partial blame for keeping that agent around for so long.

BTW -- occasional open houses DO work.
Very often that is how a house is sold.
!
  #36  
Old 06-16-2014, 05:15 PM
Big O Big O is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lima,OH;St.Paul,MN;Vallejo,CA;Pennsacola,FL;Fremont,OH,Naperville,IL,Sylvania,OH,Fernandina
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
No, Sir.
That is NOT the problem with Realtors!
That was the problem with that particular agent.
And if if took a year to get the Realtor to stop doing open houses,
you need to take partial blame for keeping that agent around for so long.

BTW -- occasional open houses DO work.
Very often that is how a house is sold.
!
We can agree to disagree, but I am happy that I do not have to deal with a REALTOR ever again.
  #37  
Old 06-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Bonanza Bonanza is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phila., Atlantic City, New York City, Puerto Rico, Pittsburgh, So. Fla., Bahamas, Louisiana, Vegas!
Posts: 2,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O View Post
We can agree to disagree, but I am happy that I do not have to deal with a REALTOR ever again.
What is the disagreement?

Why did you entertain that agent's non-performance for a year?
You even said that your new Realtor sold your house in three weeks.

You are condeming one entire profession because of one bad experience???
  #38  
Old 06-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Xavier's Avatar
Xavier Xavier is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,040
Default

Lucky for us, we live in District 4 (Marion County). We CAN have Realtor Signs here. I would NOT give a contract to a Realtor that would not put the sign out front. I guess, when and if, we decide to upgrade, downgrade or just sell our home, we WON'T be listing it with The Villages Sales. Although, they MAY put up a sign in the yard up here, they won't. Too bad, otherwise they'd probably be our Agency of choice.

See, yet another reason to live up here in God's Country!

Xavier
__________________
My approach to today's politics: "Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul" ~ Walt Whitman
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Clubs, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.