How to find a home now the For Sale Signs have gone

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2012, 04:12 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Send a message via Skype™ to EVTheVillages
Default How to find a home now the For Sale Signs have gone

It's really annoying, we know. Now you can't see what's for sale and therefore if you like an area and want to buy something in it, you can't see!

We came up with a solution - "What's for sale around me"

It's a mobile application that works on any phone with a web browser on it - iPhone, Blackberry, Android and more.

All you have to do is text EVUSA to 87778

It will let you download the application and off you go

Happy hunting!

Last edited by EVTheVillages; 10-21-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Change in shortcode
Old 06-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

And of course you can look by village on thevillages.com. And print out whatever you want to look at. Also Lyle Gant has an easily navigated site.

Whoops. I see now that you are an advertiser. Sorry.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Default Oops????

Too fast on the downbeat, GG?

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

so does a for sale sign pop up on your phone as you drive by a home for sale?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:53 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
so does a for sale sign pop up on your phone as you drive by a home for sale?
I wish! That would be brilliant!

13690 N US Highway 441, Suite 300, The Villages, FL 32159

Office: (352) 450-4505
Facebook: EVTheVillages
Twitter: @EVTheVillages
Web: www.villages.evusa.com
Email: villages@evusa.com
Old 06-19-2012, 08:55 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
And of course you can look by village on thevillages.com. And print out whatever you want to look at. Also Lyle Gant has an easily navigated site.

Absolutely agree GG, TheVillages.com is a great resource and Lyle is a fantastic agent! The nice thing about TV is that I'm happy for people to go and check out the developers website because if they want new, there's nothing we can do about it

If they want pre-owned, us MLS agents (mostly haha) enjoy working together and cooperating is the name of the game!

Old 06-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

without an obvious for sale sign i can no longer select "possible/potential purchases" to let my friends back north know about. i do not and will not have a smart phone so your app is of no use to me. or i guess i can just cause a traffic tie-up as my car creeps down the streets searching windows for signs. if you're behind me give a little honk and i'll gladly pull to the side of the road.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:44 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
without an obvious for sale sign i can no longer select "possible/potential purchases" to let my friends back north know about. i do not and will not have a smart phone so your app is of no use to me. or i guess i can just cause a traffic tie-up as my car creeps down the streets searching windows for signs. if you're behind me give a little honk and i'll gladly pull to the side of the road.
nj, have you been honked at yet? If you want to pull up potential/possibles for friends, we are always happy to help create a shortlist for you. You can actually now create a favorites list here and then share it with your friends. If there's anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to contact us
Old 07-08-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Minor problem. Your suggestion won't show any real estate that is not listed with The Villages as they don't, and won't list properties listed with other realtors. It's part of a thing called monopoly.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:17 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark View Post
Minor problem. Your suggestion won't show any real estate that is not listed with The Villages as they don't, and won't list properties listed with other realtors. It's part of a thing called monopoly.
Agree. The Villages doesn't use the MLS, it will be interesting to see if they use the MLS when all new construction has completed and they are only doing resales.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Lyle Gant ONLY has MLS lisitings. If I were to go with an MLS realtor, he would be my choice. He has a great website with all MLS listings and other important information about The Villages.

Everyone that I know of who used him liked him very much. He advertises on this forum.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-23-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Actually, I do not think The Villages CAN use the MLS because they are not REALTORS. Private for sale by owners will often get their homes into the MLS because they pay a one-time fee for it to be listed for them by a Realtor. I doubt that the Realtor Association would allow The Villages that same opportunity.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Gold member

it takes 2 minutes for any MLS agent to send you a complete list of every home for sale that is listed in the MLS system...probably the same with the Village agents...It's NOT a big deal!!!!!!!! Why does everyone keep trying to stir the pot? The MLS agents are upset because they are losing advertising...they WANT anyone driving through the Villages to call their company so they can get customers. As a consumer, all you have to do is pick up the phone...so simple and one heck of a lot easier than driving around looking at for sale signs. Not only will you know every house listed, you will also know the stats...number of bedrooms, baths, lot size, extras...you can narrow down your search then call the agent that was nice enough to give you the listings and ask him/her to show you properties. The homes that I have sold were almost always sold by agents that informed their clients of the availability of the home. They knew the price range and specifications that their clients were looking for and did their best to make sure the buyer was qualified to purchase. The buyers did not call off of the sign...they were given the information by their agent. Signs DO NOT sell houses...agents do. If there was a problem selling houses in The Villages it would be a completely different story but from my research it is not an issue. So you can't have a sign...get over it!!! One other thing...a Realtor is a person that has joined the National Association of Realtors and therefore can legally use that designation...it has nothing to do with the Multiple Listing Service. From what I have been told, you must have a real estate license to sell for TV and therefore I am in the process of getting mine.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
it takes 2 minutes for any MLS agent to send you a complete list of every home for sale that is listed in the MLS system...probably the same with the Village agents...It's NOT a big deal!!!!!!!! Why does everyone keep trying to stir the pot? The MLS agents are upset because they are losing advertising...they WANT anyone driving through the Villages to call their company so they can get customers. As a consumer, all you have to do is pick up the phone...so simple and one heck of a lot easier than driving around looking at for sale signs. Not only will you know every house listed, you will also know the stats...number of bedrooms, baths, lot size, extras...you can narrow down your search then call the agent that was nice enough to give you the listings and ask him/her to show you properties. The homes that I have sold were almost always sold by agents that informed their clients of the availability of the home. They knew the price range and specifications that their clients were looking for and did their best to make sure the buyer was qualified to purchase. The buyers did not call off of the sign...they were given the information by their agent. Signs DO NOT sell houses...agents do. If there was a problem selling houses in The Villages it would be a completely different story but from my research it is not an issue. So you can't have a sign...get over it!!! One other thing...a Realtor is a person that has joined the National Association of Realtors and therefore can legally use that designation...it has nothing to do with the Multiple Listing Service. From what I have been told, you must have a real estate license to sell for TV and therefore I am in the process of getting mine.
Your speaking common sense.That doesn't work here.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Sage

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.