Escambia Executive Course

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Gold member
Default Escambia Executive Course

Because golf course conditions can change pretty rapidly, from time-to-time I'll be removing/deleting older posts in hopes this helps ensure TOTV users of this forum are seeing "Current Course Conditions."

DDHarrold - Moderator

Last edited by ddharrold; 06-25-2016 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Information out of date.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Sage

I played 3 out of the 4 newest courses including Escambia. It's beautiful. I appreciate the changes in elevation and the rolling hills. For me they are easy to walk. I see walkers all over TV getting their exercise. Why not help fit it into exec golf?

I realize I have made this suggestion before but I thinks it's worth repeating. TV encourages walking by providing many opportunities for water. More often than not when I say I'm walking the starter encourages and says "Good for you".

The newest courses lack shade. Exec golf accommodates seniors of all abilities but it is not champ golf. So if you are going to ease up on the challenge why not also add some shade and not worry about the consequences of beauty and form. I would like to see some kind of structure by the black tees that blocks the sun. We are all concerned about too much sunlight. The structure does not need a bench. For me, sitting down does not accommodate the walk, I think it's easier to stay loose by standing.

I would be happy to design or be part of a team that comes up with ideas. I would be happy to help built the structures. I would even help raise the money as part of a community project or skin cancer awareness or low impact exercise campaign.

I guess this post can be controversial.

How can you play ""ready golf" and stand in the shade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
How can you play ""ready golf" and sit in the shade?
You're joking, being presumptuous or glossed over what I posted?

OK. Standing rather than sitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
OK. Standing rather than sitting.
The question is how can you play ready golf while standing in the shade waiting to hit? No more than you can play ready golf sitting in a golf cart waiting to hit.
I'm all about ready golf. I coached HS golf for over 30 years. Everybody walks. If anyone plays slow, they are tossed out of a match. In practice they are told to pick it up and move to the 150 or green. Coaches know the owners will not let teams play at a discount or free if it has a negative impact on business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I would like to see some kind of structure by the black tees that blocks the sun.

How about a Trader Joe's. No, second thought how about a Hooters

Quote:
I played 3 out of the 4 newest courses including Escambia. It's beautiful. I appreciate the changes in elevation and the rolling hills. For me they are easy to walk. I see walkers all over TV getting their exercise. Why not help fit it into exec golf?

I realize I have made this suggestion before but I thinks it's worth repeating. TV encourages walking by providing many opportunities for water. More often than not when I say I'm walking the starter encourages and says "Good for you".

The newest courses lack shade. Exec golf accommodates seniors of all abilities but it is not champ golf. So if you are going to ease up on the challenge why not also add some shade and not worry about the consequences of beauty and form. I would like to see some kind of structure by the black tees that blocks the sun. We are all concerned about too much sunlight. The structure does not need a bench. For me, sitting down does not accommodate the walk, I think it's easier to stay loose by standing.

I would be happy to design or be part of a team that comes up with ideas. I would be happy to help built the structures. I would even help raise the money as part of a community project or skin cancer awareness or low impact exercise campaign.

I guess this post can be controversial.
While your offer is generous I can say with confidence that The Villages golf course administrators will never see/read your generous offer. I suggest you visit Golf The Villages and make your appeal there. My experience has been they are quite open to feedback and are quick to reply.

Quote:
The question is how can you play ready golf while standing in the shade waiting to hit? No more than you can play ready golf sitting in a golf cart waiting to hit.
I'm all about ready golf. I coached HS golf for over 30 years. Everybody walks. If anyone plays slow, they are tossed out of a match. In practice they are told to pick it up and move to the 150 or green. Coaches know the owners will not let teams play at a discount or free if it has a negative impact on business.
tomwed: I do enjoy your posts but I believe in this case you are forgetting that not all residents can walk as far and as fast as you suggest because of age/maladies....and let us not forget hot humid days.

I recently played Escambia and the walk especially from the 8th to 9th hole is quite a distance. Again like other courses its not the length of the walk but the logistics if you are playing with some who are traveling by cart because it challenges the concept of ready golf.

I walk and carry a bag and have walked and carried on every course here. Many are conducive to walking but some are not and 8 to 9 on Escambia is a long way

Played Escambia yesterday. First time for Dad and I. Conditions were good, greens were nice. Elevation changes offer some different looks.

WIND was unbelievable. I forget which hole, memory says it was about 200 yards dead into wind. I hit a knock down driver and came up on front fringe WOWser.... Thought I had a few more years before a driver went 190 yards

You can tell the greens are new when fixing ball marks, will be interesting how they hold up.

Check it out, it is worth the money....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
tomwed: I do enjoy your posts but I believe in this case you are forgetting that not all residents can walk as far and as fast as you suggest because of age/maladies....and let us not forget hot humid days.

I recently played Escambia and the walk especially from the 8th to 9th hole is quite a distance. Again like other courses its not the length of the walk but the logistics if you are playing with some who are traveling by cart because it challenges the concept of ready golf.

I walk and carry a bag and have walked and carried on every course here. Many are conducive to walking but some are not and 8 to 9 on Escambia is a long way
If you are walking and it's a challenge due to maladies or age you are my hero. Nobody cares what you shoot. If the best you can do is meet everyone on the next green, so be it.

from the web

" I love to play golf, but sometimes when I am playing poorly I am tempted to simply walk the course and get some exercise. When I mentioned this to a friend he told me that Mark Twain said: “Golf is a good walk spoiled.” This sounds like Twain to me, but did he really say it?"

It doesn't matter who said it. Does it?

Last edited by ddharrold; 06-25-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
green, walk, tee, 9th, issues, 8th, scrambling, good, thing, form, par, blacksgood, running, fine, shape, speed, grasses, sarasota, varied, bit, escambia, greens, greennormal, nice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.