Any of you gals on a weight loss program?

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Platinum member
Default Any of you gals on a weight loss program?

I've been counting calories and going to the Colony Fitness Center daily. Have lost about 17 lbs, but have more to go. Do I have any company out there?
Tampa, FL
Old 06-19-2009, 12:10 PM

Two years ago I lost 54 lbs for health reasons, but alas, I've gained back 30 of them. Want to be my diet buddy? we can keep each other on track.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Avista,

I just signed up for the 3 mo special at the new Wellness Center. I need some guidance on machines before I begin. Once that time is up I'll join you at Colony.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:59 PM

Avista - are you doing the water aerobics class there? I need to do something besides continuing to gain weight. I am just getting settled but will look for you there next week when I get out of the setting up house mode.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Sage

Avista,

I had tried the low carb diet for a few months and did loose quite a few pounds. But alas I have gained most of it back when I started slowly eating things that I shouldnt have once again. I knew I couldnt stick with it forever. The pounds come off so slowly but go back on with the speed of light!

Now I am going to take advantage of the free offer online that Rachel Ray endorses, Acai Detox and Colon Cleanse. I have read the testamonials and I am hooked.

If anyone has tried these I would appreciate your commenting on whether they really work to take off pounds. Thanks!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:46 AM
Platinum member

Nonie, I'd love to be your diet buddy. After all, we are both Chicago gals!

It was great reading the posts. I too have tried many diets. Am a lifetime WW--even worked there awhile. Also was sucessful on Atkins. My problem is after I lose, it eventually comes back. Haven't been able to get into the lifestyle thing. My doctor is working with me this time, and it helps to be accountable. Well, time to get dressed and go to Colony fitness center and walk the treadmill. Tried some other machines, but treadmill seems to use up the most calories for me. Don't do a lot each day, but I never miss a day. My doctor said, "Don't even try to lose weight without an exercise program."Avista
Tampa, FL
Old 06-20-2009, 06:49 AM
Platinum member

Texasfel, I'd like being your diet buddy. I need all the help I can get. Need support with no weight loss for days at a time. Avista
Tampa, FL
Old 06-20-2009, 04:53 PM

Great Avista, I'll email you.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Default Curves can help too

Avista, Curves is a very good support for any weight loss programm. Greate music, very friendly atmosphere, wondeful way to meet new people.
I started 10 years ago and still enjoy Curves very much!
Reveal you beauty potential
with www.thebeautymaker.com
Old 01-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Eternal Member

I'm a believer that a calorie is a calorie. It doesn't matter where they come from. You can eat 1500 calories in carrots or a 1500 calorie piece of cake. The problem is with restricted diets. You have to have a diet that you can include the things you like. If you want that piece of meat lovers pizza for dinner, then have a salad for lunch with a low cal dressing. When we deprive ourselves of the things we love, when we finally get them, we go crazy. We just have to learn to eat smaller portions & eat the things that you like, but just eat enough to satisfy the craving. It's definitely not easy to lose weight in the Villages.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I'm a believer that a calorie is a calorie. It doesn't matter where they come from. You can eat 1500 calories in carrots or a 1500 calorie piece of cake. The problem is with restricted diets. You have to have a diet that you can include the things you like. If you want that piece of meat lovers pizza for dinner, then have a salad for lunch with a low cal dressing. When we deprive ourselves of the things we love, when we finally get them, we go crazy. We just have to learn to eat smaller portions & eat the things that you like, but just eat enough to satisfy the craving. It's definitely not easy to lose weight in the Villages.
I agree.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
. . . It's definitely not easy to lose weight in the Villages.
Ain't that the truth! The 'Freshman 15' is alive and well in The Villages.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 01-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Default Optifast and Lifestyle Change

I was up to 250lbs a couple of years ago and entered a physician supervised weight loss program called Optifast. I lost 70 lbs. The program was not only weight loss supervision, but also group sessions that addressed the relationship we have with food. I learned a GREAT deal! We don't "GO" on a diet to lose weight. If we do, we will fail. If you change your entire lifestyle and your relationship with food, you will succeed. Anything fried is dangerous to your health. Don't eat it on a regular basis. You can live a quality life without butter and mayo. Salad dressings should never come in a bottle! Make your own from scratch; it takes no time at all. Eat 5 small meals per day. Indulge in fruit. Leave the bread alone. Make it a treat instead of a staple. EXERCISE IS DEFINITELY THE KEY. Build core strength and watch most of those aches and pains go away. I feel more alive now than I did when I was 40! Believe me, it works when you change your lifestyle and cooking habits. (Oops! I said the "C" word! Sorry.) I'm working on losing an additional 20 lbs by June when we come back to TV. I will be very happy to be diet buddies by long distance from Texas if you will have me.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Bigelow View Post
I was up to 250lbs a couple of years ago and entered a physician supervised weight loss program called Optifast. I lost 70 lbs. The program was not only weight loss supervision, but also group sessions that addressed the relationship we have with food. I learned a GREAT deal! We don't "GO" on a diet to lose weight. If we do, we will fail. If you change your entire lifestyle and your relationship with food, you will succeed. Anything fried is dangerous to your health. Don't eat it on a regular basis. You can live a quality life without butter and mayo. Salad dressings should never come in a bottle! Make your own from scratch; it takes no time at all. Eat 5 small meals per day. Indulge in fruit. Leave the bread alone. Make it a treat instead of a staple. EXERCISE IS DEFINITELY THE KEY. Build core strength and watch most of those aches and pains go away. I feel more alive now than I did when I was 40! Believe me, it works when you change your lifestyle and cooking habits. (Oops! I said the "C" word! Sorry.) I'm working on losing an additional 20 lbs by June when we come back to TV. I will be very happy to be diet buddies by long distance from Texas if you will have me.
Sounds like you are doing well and doing it wisely. Good for you!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Default 20 #s down and counting...

I've been going, since late September, to Healthy Weight Loss Metabolic System up by Color Wheel on 466. I LOVE the one-on-one support, the classes...especially the cooking ones!!. It's not a difficult plan at all and I have no trouble going out to a restaurant or friend's homes and eating. I highly recommend them. If you decide to join or have questions, send me a PM and I will give you more information. I've lost 20 #s and 38 inches !! I'm down FOUR sizes in my jeans...SERIOUSLY!! I ordered some new ones from Coldwater Creek in the size I thought I was, and had to send them back for a smaller size. How cool is that???
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.