» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I'm a believer that a calorie is a calorie. It doesn't matter where they come from. You can eat 1500 calories in carrots or a 1500 calorie piece of cake. The problem is with restricted diets. You have to have a diet that you can include the things you like. If you want that piece of meat lovers pizza for dinner, then have a salad for lunch with a low cal dressing. When we deprive ourselves of the things we love, when we finally get them, we go crazy. We just have to learn to eat smaller portions & eat the things that you like, but just eat enough to satisfy the craving. It's definitely not easy to lose weight in the Villages.
I agree.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
. . . It's definitely not easy to lose weight in the Villages.
Ain't that the truth! The 'Freshman 15' is alive and well in The Villages.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Sponsored Links
Optifast and Lifestyle Change
Old 01-18-2010, 01:11 PM

Default Optifast and Lifestyle Change

I was up to 250lbs a couple of years ago and entered a physician supervised weight loss program called Optifast. I lost 70 lbs. The program was not only weight loss supervision, but also group sessions that addressed the relationship we have with food. I learned a GREAT deal! We don't "GO" on a diet to lose weight. If we do, we will fail. If you change your entire lifestyle and your relationship with food, you will succeed. Anything fried is dangerous to your health. Don't eat it on a regular basis. You can live a quality life without butter and mayo. Salad dressings should never come in a bottle! Make your own from scratch; it takes no time at all. Eat 5 small meals per day. Indulge in fruit. Leave the bread alone. Make it a treat instead of a staple. EXERCISE IS DEFINITELY THE KEY. Build core strength and watch most of those aches and pains go away. I feel more alive now than I did when I was 40! Believe me, it works when you change your lifestyle and cooking habits. (Oops! I said the "C" word! Sorry.) I'm working on losing an additional 20 lbs by June when we come back to TV. I will be very happy to be diet buddies by long distance from Texas if you will have me.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Bigelow View Post
I was up to 250lbs a couple of years ago and entered a physician supervised weight loss program called Optifast. I lost 70 lbs. The program was not only weight loss supervision, but also group sessions that addressed the relationship we have with food. I learned a GREAT deal! We don't "GO" on a diet to lose weight. If we do, we will fail. If you change your entire lifestyle and your relationship with food, you will succeed. Anything fried is dangerous to your health. Don't eat it on a regular basis. You can live a quality life without butter and mayo. Salad dressings should never come in a bottle! Make your own from scratch; it takes no time at all. Eat 5 small meals per day. Indulge in fruit. Leave the bread alone. Make it a treat instead of a staple. EXERCISE IS DEFINITELY THE KEY. Build core strength and watch most of those aches and pains go away. I feel more alive now than I did when I was 40! Believe me, it works when you change your lifestyle and cooking habits. (Oops! I said the "C" word! Sorry.) I'm working on losing an additional 20 lbs by June when we come back to TV. I will be very happy to be diet buddies by long distance from Texas if you will have me.
Sounds like you are doing well and doing it wisely. Good for you!
Sponsored Links
20 #s down and counting...
Old 02-02-2010, 04:33 PM

Default 20 #s down and counting...

I've been going, since late September, to Healthy Weight Loss Metabolic System up by Color Wheel on 466. I LOVE the one-on-one support, the classes...especially the cooking ones!!. It's not a difficult plan at all and I have no trouble going out to a restaurant or friend's homes and eating. I highly recommend them. If you decide to join or have questions, send me a PM and I will give you more information. I've lost 20 #s and 38 inches !! I'm down FOUR sizes in my jeans...SERIOUSLY!! I ordered some new ones from Coldwater Creek in the size I thought I was, and had to send them back for a smaller size. How cool is that???
Old 02-02-2010, 07:37 PM

I saw some prices posted awhile back on the monthly fees for the fitness centers at the regional rec centers - does anyone know how these compare to the prices at the Wellness Center? It seemed to me that the prices were kind of high compared to what I'm used to locally say at Bally's or Gold's for annual memberships...was wondering if the Wellness Center charged more or less.
Sponsored Links
salads
Old 02-16-2010, 12:12 PM

Default salads

I eat alot of salads, and I get creative with them adding nuts and dried cranberries and cherries, raspberry dressing and balsamic vinegarette. That way I am satisfied and I don't eat the stuff I shouldn't I lose weight this way and don't get discouraged. I had a thin friends years ago and I asked her how she stayed so thin. Her response was "I eat alot of salads!".
Any of you gals on a weight loss program?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:06 PM

Smile Any of you gals on a weight loss program?

Hi everyone,

I am on Weight Watchers and made it to my goal weight and then I started to travel with hubbie and voila...........I put back on 20 pounds. So now I am trying to lose. I work out about 4 days a week. Either treadmill and weights programe or zumba circuit. I also have been going to the t-zone vibration for the past month. It is suppose to be good for circulation and toning. I didn't really expect much loss in inches however got measured this morning and I lost 14 1/2 inches in 1 month. Not too shabby. I wonder if they have one of these machines in the fitness clubs at the health clubs.

I will be there in May for 1 month so I am looking forward at enjoying myself but also to work out some and enjoy myself some more.

Sincerely,
Layaway Queen
weight loss
Old 04-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Default weight loss

NEVER ending struggle....Just lost 25#'s eating Special K, breakfast and lunch, followed by cottage cheese with cup of fruit, amazingly it was very satisfying and of course NO snacking....My husband says I should eat anything I want, just not SWALLOW!....giggle...
Old 04-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Platinum member

No no, we never want to swallow !! LOL Actually, if I get a taste for chocolate or something really fattening, I just chew it & spit it out. I know it sounds gross, but it works.
Closed Thread