Drug Rape at Vanderbilt University

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2015, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Drug Rape at Vanderbilt University

I hesitate to even put this on TOTV, but I would like to hear what other women feel about this heinous event which is in the court system right now. I watched the guilty decision being handed down to her "boy friend" this morning and could not believe that he did not even have the decency to apologize to her. I was so proud of her difficult decision to be in court this morning............ she certainly has guts.

I have a granddaughter who is only 17 yrs old who entered college this past September, and this Vanderbilt episode scares the hell out of me!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-28-2015, 03:41 PM
Veteran member

Just like the case at FSU with Jameis Winston. Was reading the article with the victims story. Seems like alot of no good happening at the Universities. Pay all that money and look what happens.
Glad to see someone stand up, I was reading the article little bit ago. Great for her
Old 01-28-2015, 03:52 PM
Platinum member

I think the Vanderbilt case had the advantage of actual evidence against the men while the Winston case is problematic....if you read the entire report there is a lot of evidence the woman is not telling the truth, though only she and Winston really know. The take away from all these stories should be don't abuse alcohol and put yourself in a vulnerable position--men or women.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:04 PM

Women of all ages are victims every day, and some boys too.

I am thankful that children, and women now have a Chance of the perpetrators, being arrested, and going to jail, the advantage of education, and people willing to listen to the victims.
The cold hard facts are that it has happened to an average of 3 out of 5 women in America, or 4 out of 5, depending on what article or book you read, these are the ones who have actually reported sexual abuse, sadly many victims still have not, nor will they report it out of fear, shame, etc., so many perpetrators walk free to do it again, and again, and the likelihood that they will sexually abuse again is statistically high, and it is sickening.
Some of you may say I don't know anyone who was raped, sadly in those statistics many girls are victims multiple times
When I lived near Miami University, (M.U.), I took part in the yearly Take Back the Night Walk where all women interested that were either enrolled in school, or part of the community at large gather together, and walk with candles throughout the campus at large, and stop at each area or building where a woman was violated, and the leaders read what happened there, and when, most women that participate either have been raped, know someone who has been, or live in fear of being violated. At M.U. women are encouraged not to walk alone on campus, since at least the early 90's.

I read the article about the 2 Ex-Vanderbilt football players who were convicted on page A-10 of todays Daily Sun, and I personally am so happy to hear of justice for at least one woman.

We need justice for all, and the statute of limitations lifted on these heinous acts of violence, but I am far from knowing how anyone can ever make that happen. I just live in hopes that someone will figure out how to do it someday.
And then maybe rapists will finally live in fear, like the women they violated often do.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:05 PM

Yesterday, I bought a copy of a magazine I have not looked at for many years. The magazine is called More and its target market appears to be career women in their mid-30's and beyond. But I bought it anyway because I wanted to read the article about Paris.

Inside there is an article on page 112, titled "The Legacy of Campus Rape." When I saw it, I thought about this thread so I wanted to pass the information along: More, February issue. I bought it at Publix. My guess is Barnes and Noble has it.

Young women and young men, too, must be educated on this topic. It has to be talked about. Maybe this article in February's More magazine can help someone to begin a conversation with a child or grandchild.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
I think the Vanderbilt case had the advantage of actual evidence against the men while the Winston case is problematic....if you read the entire report there is a lot of evidence the woman is not telling the truth, though only she and Winston really know. The take away from all these stories should be don't abuse alcohol and put yourself in a vulnerable position--men or women.
I'm not protecting Winston but in this case here is someone about to become a multi-million dollar draft choice in the NFL. I got a feeling the accuser is being pushed by her attorney so he and her can also become millionaires.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I'm not protecting Winston but in this case here is someone about to become a multi-million dollar draft choice in the NFL. I got a feeling the accuser is being pushed by her attorney so he and her can also become millionaires.
Shrimpy ........... have you read what he did to her? His own girl friend and he handed her over to his buddies to do with as they wanted and he stayed around to watch .......... Can you imagine what she has had to go through to bring some justice to her case .....................

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-29-2015, 05:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
yeah, it's interesting how her major at FSU is being reported as being pre-med (first time ever mentioned) now that's she's suing the school for lost future income, yet she appears to be a communications major at her present school. So far, the attorneys have struck out in all their proceedings. They have to get paid somehow.

I'm a mother and gave my son an explicit lecture before going off to college that in this day no means no, even when it's whispered in the throes of passion and to stop no matter what, because regret can turn into a rape accusation.

Clearly the Vanderbilt incident was different. What those men did was disgusting and deserve to be punished for their crime. The fact that other students saw here being dragged in her unconscious state yet did nothing is just as appalling.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.